Anyone compared Jamo C 607 with Monitor Audio RS6?

Username: Jk_livin22

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 9
I have not been to able find much in the way of a review for the Jamo C 607s. I've read some very good reviews of other speakers in their C series, but nothing on the C 607s. Unfortunately I live in a very rural area at the present time, and it is very difficult for me to audition either of these. Of course I certainly will make a huge effort to do so before I make a final decision. In the meantime however, I was hoping that someone may have had an opportunity to audition each of these and is willing to give a compare and contrast. There is a plethora of reviews on the MA RS6s, so I have a fairly good idea of what their strengths are. What I am wondering is how the Jamos compare to them as well as their general overall performance. Are they on the bright side, or is their treble and midrange silky smooth aka Wharfedales? Do they have a good sound stage and/or imaging? How does it compare with these characteristics of the RS6s? How about bass performance and vocals; would you say one of these out did the other? I listen to a fair amount of acoustic guitar, but the biggest factor to consider is that I will probably be playing a lot of live DVD concerts in multichannel formats, and likely some SACD and DVD Audio as well down the road. Given that, is there anything about either of these that might make one preferable to the other? (i.e. how well do they sound with the center channel and other speakers in their line?) I will be using these as part of a home theater system as well (probably for a least a year or two anyway) but my ratio of HT to music is probably 60% music to 40% HT. I am currently using (what I consider to be) a mediocre receiver (Onkyo TX-SR502, no offense to anyone else who owns one), but am saving for a Cambridge Audio Azur 840A which I hope to purchase in about a year. Anyway, in my attempt to provide enough information I have probably offered too much, but nonetheless, if anyone has any advice on these two speakers in particular, and their use with the electronics just mentioned, I would be very appreciative of your thoughts/comments.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1070
This is like asking was sex better with this woman or that one. You offered too much and not enough at the same time. Bottom line is what sounds good to one person may not sound good to the next.

Another exapmple is how my solid state pre-amp sounded with one amp was nowhere near how it sounded with another. I do not know what value you can gain from what you posted. We really do need more info, such as listening room description, what is your source, good soundstage as compared to what. I suppose I could go on, but...

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 10
Hi Michael,

Thank you for remarkable and enlightening feedback. What would I ever have done had you not taken the time to submit such a thought provoking and utterly helpful post. Next time save us both the time. Thanks but not thanks, etc.

You asked "good soundstage as compared to what?" Perhaps you should start back over at the beginning. DO THE JAMOS HAVE A GOOD SOUNDSTAGE COMPARED TO THE MONITOR AUDIOS?!

What an ... Upload

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1075
I am so sorry RT. I was unaware that you were shopping for speakers that could create a soundstage without an amp or source and it doesn't matter if it is classical, metal, or rap or whether you were playing in a media room or laundry room.

Lucky guy you are.

Carry on, you are way ahead of all of us.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6113
That appears to be a Gov't Mule...

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 11
Michael Wodek said "I am so sorry RT. I was unaware that you were shopping for speakers that could create a soundstage without an amp or source and it doesn't matter if it is classical, metal, or rap or whether you were playing in a media room or laundry room."

Are you drinking heavily before submitting these utterly worthless replies? Again perhaps you should take the time to read a post before replying to it. I clearly stated that the speakers will initially be paired with an Onkyo TX-SR502 to be upgraded to a Cambridge Audio Azur 840A in about a year.

And what in the hell kinda room do you think I am going to put floor standing speakers, in my bathroom? And as far as the type of music I listen to: first of all, I clearly stated that I listen to quite a bit of acoustic guitar (i.e. Ben Harper) and secondly, if that wasn't specific enough, all you had to do was ask. If you are too lazy to read the post before bestowing us with your infinite knowledge of all things audio, why in the hell do you even bother taking the time to reply at all?

Of course some people are going to like the sound of some speakers to others. One person may like their speakers a little on the bright side while another hates a bright sounding speaker; but the fact that the speaker is on the bright side is not as subjective. Most of the people I have talked to that love Kefs will tell you that they are on the bright side but that they like that sound. Similarly, no one is going to rave about how Wharfedale is known for their awesome bass. Again, not everything about a speaker is subjective, as you seem to suggest. If this were true then all speaker reviews would be as worthless as your replies have been. A review is not the end-all-be-all of determining the sonic qualities of a speaker but it should provide a fairly objective evaluation of both a speaker's strengths and shortcomings. That is all I was after. A fair assessment of the Jamo C 607. I thought that was the kind of information people could come to these forums for and expect to get some productive feedback and not a bunch of attitude from a useless
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 177
20 Mule Team Borax; RT, welcome. Not bad, really.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1084
"You offered too much and not enough at the same time. Bottom line is what sounds good to one person may not sound good to the next."

Can you read or not?

What advice other than on mules have you gotten from your post?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14619
Robert,
I do not know if this would qualify but I have had the opportunity to listen to a JAMO C605 against a Monitor Audio Silver RS6. A friend of mine was trying to decide between the 2 and he ended up with the Monitor Audios. The gear used were Outlaw Audio and the music we listened to were mostly quitars from Earl Klugh, Craig Chaquico and Lee Ritenour. I also preferred the MAs myself as I felt that they are more neutral. The guitars sounded very clean, rich and vibrant. The JAMOs were no slouch, but I felt that they do not handle the higher notes as well as the MAs. The bass were a little tighter than the JAMOs.

Now consider that what I heard will not be the same if we auditioned the 607. So my review could be totally useless.

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 12
Michael are you just trying to get your post count up? If so how about doing it somewhere else. I am not asking about what someone prefers. I am asking for objective comments on whether the Jamo is brighter than the MAs. Which of the two are more forward. Which of the two have a broader or deeper soundstage. Which of the two have more detailed and accurate midrange. Which has tighter or more extended bass. If the other speakers in the range (particularly the center and sub) have any major flaws. These are fairly objective observations. Which sound you prefer will obviously vary from listener to listener, but the acoustical/sonic characteristics of the speaker itself are less subjective. If you feel compelled to continue submitting your mindless dribble via this thread, I'll contact the mods and have them handle it. I don't particularly enjoy wasting my time engaging in a verbal volley of sorts with an egocentric moron suffering from diarrhea of the mouth.

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 13
Finally something in the realm of being helpful... Thanks Berny.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1085
Robert,

I am glad Berny posted something you believe answers you needs.

"I don't particularly enjoy wasting my time engaging in a verbal volley of sorts with an egocentric moron suffering from diarrhea of the mouth."

I could not agree more.

Nice family photos.

Good-bye

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 14
I'm not exactly sure how humbly asking for an objective critique/comparison of a couple of speakers would qualify me as egocentric. Unlike your helplessly transparent attempt to get the last word in on someone else's thread. I can't imagine that though from someone who boastfully posts they've spent $24,000 on their AV system. Michael you're my hero. I feel truly blessed having made your acquaintance.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 212
Robert,

Go away troll.

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 15
What's the problem Marc did I offend your buddy from Texas? Maybe the two of you can discuss it over some Michael Bolton or a viewing of Broke Back Mountain. Nice username btw. Dork.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9727
I love a newby furball!

Bronze Member

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 16
Wow! How old are you guys, 5? I don't think I have come across a more pathetic bunch of losers in my entire life. You people are sincerely pitiful. I'm sorry your life sucks so bad. I'll surrender your little dorky forum to you. Hope you all enjoy your little circle jerk here. Lol! What a joke. You guys are freaking sad sad sad! LMAO! I mean absolutely pathetic! Wow! LMAO!!!!

Ciao nerd boys

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 213
Good. I'm glad he's gone. I do feel for him though, it's obvious he's never been loved and has been made fun of all of his life. I hope he turns his sad life around, I'm pulling for him.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9729
It is a Dr. Phil moment.

Soon to be shared over on avs, no doubt.

Fair dinkum.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 615
Been awhile since we had a thread like this.

At least things are never boring around here.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 616
Berny, what Outlaw gear were you checking out the RS6's with?

I have the 2200. Solid, solid piece of gear.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1065
LOL!

and I missed this?

glad I didn't need the troll spray
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us