Receiver - Denon vs Yamaha vs HK

Username: Cgsauer

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am looking for a new receiver in the 400-700 range with some flexibility if I fall in love with one thats more money. I currently have an older HK - AVR 65. I've looked at the Denon 1604, 1804, 2803 and Yamaha 1400, 2400. Any thoughts?

Speakers: Bose Acoustimass 10, Infinity Sub
Usage: 70% DVDs, 30% music, plus I use it during all my TV watching - sports mostly.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Hi Cary!! Me personaly I would go with my other number one receiver brand, and that is Marantz. I would also try the Yamaha's, but it maybe too bright with the bose. I heard a Yamaha receiver with some Bose Acoustimas 12 II and to me, it sound very good. But still try it anyway. But IMHO,I think that the Marantz receiver will warm up the Bose speaker's sound. Try looking at the Marantz SR-4400 and the SR-5400. They sould be in your price range.

Username: Cgsauer

Post Number: 3
Thanks, I will look into it. I've now listened to the yamaha with the bose and I think the sound is a bit bright with the combination. I will look into Marantz and see if I can hear the denon with the speakers.

Anybody else have any ideas? Anybody else have a receiver that sounds good with the Bose system?

Username: Hteaterjunkie

Post Number: 5
Cary,

I would suggest that you listen a HK as well since it has an even more relaxed sound than the Marantz which some people like myself prefer. Overall, it is a matter of taste because all the receivers mentioned are very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us