ZU Loudspeakers

Bronze Member
Username: Flame_rose

Post Number: 21
Hi all;

I've been doing quite a bit of research on the web regarding Zu loudspeakers. Most data is on the Druid with one review about the Tones. Anybody has experienced these speakers? I am particularly interested in the Tones. Wonder how they would sound at the end of my Naim CD5i/Nac122x/Nap150x?

So anybody that has listened to the Zus let us hear what you thought of them.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2362
They're not common in the States. In fact, I don't know if they're sold here at all. From what I know of them, they're popular in Australia and Europe. They get some good reviews overall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I'm surprised to hear that they aren't popular as they are American made :-) Somethings don't have to make sense do they? ;)

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2363
I didn't know that until you pointed that out. I just checked their website.

I came to those conclusions because I haven't seen any US press reviews on them, except 1 or 2 internet reviews. The Europeans and Australians have commented on them far more than anyone else.

Furthermore, I can't find an authorized dealers list anywhere on Zu's website. I haven't seen their gear in any of my local shops - NYC area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Stu>

After reading those reviews (sixmoons especially) I was pretty impressed. When 4 out of 5 reviewers that had the speakers don't return them but buy them instead that speaks very highly of the speakers indeed.

What really seems to float my boat is the solidity and coherence of the single driver concept. From what the reviewers are mentioning, they seem to be some of the best speakers at dynamics, timing, richness of tones and directness. Those are the same traits that my Naim stuff has so I'm really wondering if I have just discovered a match made in heaven?

Since the nearest retailer to me is some 3000 miles and at least six international borderlines away, I've contacted Zu Audio to see how can they help me listen to their speakers and possibly buy them. Will post back with an update on that matter.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2364
I'd like to hear your results. They are very interesting speakers. Audioenz reviewed a pair or two too if you're interested in more reviews.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us