New Line up for PSB - Synchrony

Bronze Member
Username: Arien

Post Number: 29
http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/Synchrony?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=e mail&utm_content=Beat3-SynchronyBanner&utm_campaign=Beat03

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9265
The crossovers in there must be a hot running nightmare.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 1521
So the Synchony Series is one down from the top?

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 111
The Synchony One's are $4500/pr. They better be quite the speaker at that price, as there are some heavy hitters in that ball park.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9277
Nice with Mac 7300's in mono.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 870
Might be nice with one 7300 too, cheaper than newer MAC 300+ wpc amps, and cheaper than 2 7300s.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 403
I see this line is running at 4 ohms. Isn't that going to make them a little on some amps?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9302
David, PSB has been doing low inpedenace for a long while.
Look a little further into these. Each driver rolls off at a seperate frequency, meaning each driver has its own Xo. That's 4 in each speaker.
Add to that the tendency for Paul Barton to build -phase shift into each one, and you get a big honkin XO series, with dozens of parts involved, all working into 4th order operation at differing Hz rolloff.

How BIG a SS amp do you think they need?

I drove the Stratus Silvers with Classe 300 amp last weekend, and even that amp worked at it a bit. Add another low driver and Xo...well...If you can't get 90 Db from 4 drivers, somebody is a little too attached to traditional company values.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 405
Hmmmm. I have rather old pair of PSB Alpha bookshelfs. Are these running at low impedance too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9305
The Alphas that I ran were 6ohm and didn't go much lower.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 407
My Alpha's are a really beaten up pair that still sound great... they can keep up with some of my floorstanders. Anyway, wouldn't mind checking out the new line. Always been a fan of PSB.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1581
Just got "The Absolute Sound" and they reviewed the 2 smaller speakers in this line.TAS is a little less about advertisement than Stereophile so I'll read it when i get a chance and see what they say about these fine looking speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9320
OMG, first Tim, now TW returns from the wilderness!
Things are looking up!

Hi again, TW.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1557
Can Eddie be far behind?

What gives Tawaun? Hope all is well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1582
I hope he is,I miss Eddie,I miss all you guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
Why so long then? What have you been up to?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1586
I've been dealing with my wife being deployed back to Iraq again its been much rougher on this tour than her last 1 on me her and our daughter,my audio keeps me sane.I've just being trying to get my audio career going,I have a interview for a westcoast online electronics mag for their audio section of course thats this week for a reviewer job,im just keeping my fingers crossed its been 1 of my dreams,good to be back with you guys,im sticking around for good this time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
......and i might have a few new toys for a few of you guys to play with here soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
The small floostander apears to be absolute animals in the bass,from what TAS says the whole line seems like its really good,Neil Grader is 1 of the more honest reviewers out there I've always agreed with most of his work,which is way better than i can say for most of the other salesman want to be reviewers,overall a very good honest review!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us