SVS PB 12 Ultra/2 subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Wired_for_sound

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 17
I went to visit a friend yesterday, just to see how he was doing, had not seen him in a while and I found out why. He recently bought a SVS PB12 ultra/2 sub to compliment his Outlaw HT system. We sat down and watched the movie "Stealth" and I was literally floored when the whole room shook. This oversized coffee table produced lows, so low that it reminded me of my old disco days of when I use to stand inside of Cerwin Vega W-18 bass bend speakers. I not only saw the movie but it felt as if I was in the plane riding co-pilot. PHEW!!!! getting carried away there (wifes looking at me like I'm crazy). Well I'm in the market for a new sub and this might be the ONE!!! Looking for some feedback as to if there is something comparible or better in that price range ($1300).

deacon
Unregistered guest
No, for the dollar to dollar amount there is nothing else out there that will give the same amount of output. There are subs that will outperform the SVS but they will cost much, much more!

Bronze Member
Username: Jake272727

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 51
i have a svs pb12 plus 2 and it kicks butt and its in your price range.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2350
There are a whole lot better subs for music but for movies, especially if you like a lot of boom, the SVS subs are very good.

Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 10
while your at it, might want to look at the velodyne DD12, more money but worth it.

Rachaelsdad
Unregistered guest
You might want to check out the HSU VTF 3 HO with the turbo upgrade. They are taking preorders now. The whole kit will be about 950 with shipping supposed to be comprable to 2 TN1220's.

Link http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1763

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 399
agree with art...

here are a few better performing brands:

REL
MartinLogan
Thiel
WilsonAudio (ungodly expensive)
n0rh (heard great things about their sub for music)

amomynous
Unregistered guest
these subwoofers are better for music than the SVS? I was thinking about getting the PB10 for 60% music 40% movies. Is there a more musical sub than the SVS PB10 for <$500?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 434
you had better believe it!

the orb audio super 8

http://www.orbaudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=11

Anonymous

Is Orb (2 x Super 8's) better than Outlaw (LFM1 + LFM2)? The price is almost the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us