Aperion center channel speaker

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 127
Hey,

I recently bought the fluance sx-htb+ speaker package and bundled it with a vsx-52tx receiver.

It sounds very good for what I paid but the center channel is kinda lacking due to how good the front towers sound. Rear speakers sound good too.

My question is how well will the aperion center channel work with my fluance and pioneer elite receiver? And if it is going to drastically improve the dialog and accuracy of the dialog?

Thanks

Anonymous

You might consider a single bookshelf speaker to act as your center. If it isn't too much of a hassle take one of your surrounds and put it in the center spot and see how it sounds in comparison. If you find it to be an improvement, Fluance sells their (slightly larger) SV6 bookshelf for 60 bucks each.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Ya i switched them and it sounded better but I have limited space, so I had to balance it all funky. The aperion would fit nicely but before I drop the cash, just wanted to know what others thought of their products.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2808
You have nothing to lose with the Aperions because they pay return shipping too.

However, if it were me I'd get the Ascend 340 center channel. It's big and not cheap but really worth every penny! I didn't have to turn up the volume so much any more to understand dialogue. It does amazing things with voices, for a while I was even listening to 2-channel music with DPLIIx just to hear it do the vocals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
I checked out both the aperion and the ascend center channel, holy heck they both are big. Both are pretty much the same price but I like the finish the apeion comes in, it will match my fluance better than the gloss black the ascend comes in, but how do the two compare?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 413
Eric I bought some lower end Aperion's and am pretty happy with it so far (you can read my analysis thread). However you need to get timber matching for your front three speakers, and this unit may or may not match. So it's a crap shoot. You can always send them back.

You are right about the finish though. It is much better at least than my Axioms.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2816
Eric,

have you looked at the Fluance center channel that is sold separately? I remember reading on the AVS forum that this one is much better than the packaged center channel from Fluance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us