Denon 3803 remote

Anonymous

I am a rookie at this electronic audio language but recently bought a Denon 3803 with Kef Q series speakers through an Ultimate Audio dealership. I had heard about the problems with the remote but went ahead with the purchase anyhow. The sound quality is great for me. However, the Denon remote is definately a problem. I struggle with the electronic language and following the owners manual since I am a novice at understanding all this terminology. I now have a problem getting sound out of my big screen tv and I have no idea why this happened? Also my DVD input is only in stereo useage and I am not able to get the full Dolby sound and other options anymore? What did I do along the way to mess this up? Any suggestions on how to get more info on this in a basic/beginner format? I can and will go back to my dealer to get answers but I would like to broaden my info base on the topic. Also, what are some good sources for SACD titles? I like the sound quality but there is very little choice at outlets in my neighborhood.

tx, for your help!!

sue b
Unregistered guest
tx, I just picked up the Denon 3803 this weekend as well. I too have a few issues with the remote, the most annoying is that I can't seem to go from one piece of equipment to another using the remote.

I have to turn the knob on the receiver to get this to happen. Once I've done this I can adjust the volume and even the surround sound attributes. Its really annoying.

I also feel like a novice in getting the 'right' sound for different types of inputs. Newer cds sound great, but we put in an old cd of an album made in the 1970's and had AWFUL sound. I think every flaw in the album was pointed out. I couldn't seem to get it to play undistorted.

I also played a Saving Private Ryan dvd and although it sounded awesome, I'd find it very useful if someone else with this system made a graph of settings that sound good for different inputs. (I think I'll have to do that to be able to use this intelligently).

Have you had the issue appear where your remote stops changing the source?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us