Hawk, NAD Questions

Unregistered guest
Hey Hawk and anyone else,

I figured I would go right to the NAD knowledge master and find out some opinions to my questions. I'm currently the owner of an NAD T761. I'm getting rid of it because of continuous problems I've encountered with it (see post from "NAD T761/T742" Jason Hildebrand for story). I love NAD sound, so I'm going to get a different model. I have my eye on the T763 and the T773. Money is no object, so that's not coming into play. I currently run PSB stratus gold mains, PSB 8c center, Vienna Acoustic rears and run a second pair of B&W bookshelves in my kitchen out of the Speaker B outs. Now, knowing all that, which would you go for. I've read a lot of the threads around on both, and it seems that they both still have some problems with quality issues. It looks as though the T763 seems to have less and that's why I'm considering it. Since I'm dealing with Lenbrook directly on this purchase, it's not as easy to just keep sending back problem receivers as taking it to a dealer and getting a new one. So I'm just curious on your opinions.

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 55
Jason,
I'm not the expert Hawk is by any means but my T773 has funtioned flawlessly so far after 5 weeks. I tested a T763 in my home before buying because my dealer didn't have a T773 demo in stock and the T763 also functioned flawlessly (and it was also pretty awesome too!).

I wouldn't make my purchase decision simply based on posts here that the T773 is more prone to defects than the T763 or vica versa. At least in my personal experience.

I would also make the same suggestions based on other brands too but a lot of folks around here seem to be in the mood to bash NAD.

I am not saying there aren't some customer issues because clearly there are people here who have had bad experiences but I think people stretch things to take negative posts in a forum to an epidemic problem with ALL NAD receivers.

My dealer and I certainly aren't of this opinion. Hopefully over time my opinions won't change.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us