Is my electical system good enough?

Silver Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 115
I'm going to be running a BTL15 (fully loaded) powered by a Kicker KX2500.1. I also have a Infinity 4-channel amp powering my interior speakers. I was wondering if my electrical system will be able to handle everything. Right now I have a 200 amp alt, already did the Big 3 all in 1/0 AWG wire. Also have Kicker 1/0 AWG amp kit that will be ran to the Kicker KX2500.1. Have a yellow top up front. Will I be fine for now, or do I need to install a 2nd yellow top battery in the trunk? Or maybe put my yellow top I have now in the trunk and buy a red top for up front. Or would two yellow be better?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 488
I'd say its fine... Kinetik batts would be better though

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 735
ya def on the right track if any problems add a 2nd yellowtop in the back, try and match batteries.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7286
it sounds like you are fine but i'd get rid of that yellow under the hood and replace it with a kinetik hc1800. i doubt the bigger kinetik would fit under the hood but the hc1800 is a reasonable size.

btw rather than wasting money on another yellow for the trunk, you can do it right from the start. i only wish i knew about that before i went out and bought 2 yellows for my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Well the good thing is that I didn't actually go out and buy the first yellow top battery yet, I was going to today but never got around to doing it, luckily I didnt get it. I'll probably just end up getting the Kinetik HC1800. Will two of these be neccessary or will I be good with just one under the hood? And is $189.99 + $37.99(shipping) a good price for that battery?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7293
cool you didn't get it already. yeah that is a decent price. they retail for around $250 from a store.

having one hc1800 would be better than having 2 yellows. you should think about another in the trunk though.

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 811
^^^ 1 hc1800 better than 2 yellows? ? ?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7294
1 kinetik hc1800 would supply better current than 2 yellows would. i am sure with the engine off, the 2 yellows would last longer but we know he isn't going to do that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
I'll just pick up one battery for now and see how it does. Then i'm sure i'll throw one in the trunk eventually. Thanks for all the replies, i'll post up pics when I can and i'll let you know how everything sounds when it's all hooked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us