HK's AVR-325 Shut off ?? fan not running??

TRDtom
Unregistered guest
Hey- Got a HK AVR-325 that shuts its self off after about a hour (from cold startup), 10 min. (from warmed up after it shut off the first time). It does this all the time. I am down to just two infinity's (5 feet of wire to each) and an antenna hooked up.
Tuner on, surr off, low volume. The receiver is out in the open. The fan never comes on. Is this normal?? (the fan part that is) I would think if it shuts down due to heat, it would atleast turn the fan on and try to cool itself??

Any help would be cool.... The service place clames it never shuts off for them. They have had it for 2.5 months

Thanks

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. Does not do it as often as yours. my fan did run at one time but have not noticed it much now. The fan could be the problem. I think I saw it posted somewhere there are two fans, one at each end of the heat sink!

TRDtom
Unregistered guest
BUMP.....
Any one have a AVR-325?? Does the fan run regularly?

ken
Unregistered guest
Just bought a avr-325 (traded up from a 225) and have it enclosed in a home theater system. I run 7 channels mostly music but some HT. I have had the system for two weeks and the fan has never come on. The unit does get warm. It is open at the back and front with 6" above the 325. Other posts suggest the fan comes on running all 7 channels, loud volume or a combination. I have never had the unit over -20 dB.

Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 2
I've had a 325 for 5 months now and have never heard the fan come on. But typical movie listening for me is never over -20db. I ran Gladiator at -10 just for the hell of it but was so loud I couldn't take it much longer.

The majority of my 325 use is TV and music which never goes over -30db. I run 7.1 in both modes and the unit gets a little warm but never hot. Its on top of a AV rack in open space so it gets plenty of ventillation.

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 31
TRDtom, what type of speakers do you have? I'm wondering if it could be impedance problems? (I.E. you have 4ohm (nominal) speakers.) I have the AVR-525 with no issues. I run it 5-8 hours at a time (mostly on weekends) and 2-3 hours during the week. Some music (videos in 5.1 channel) and stereo music as well for hours at a time. My fan does come on when at -25dB for music -- I generally don't go below -25dB for stereo music! My fan also operates when watching DTS/DD movies at -20dB (to -15dB) which is my normal listening for them.

Username: Kurekure

Post Number: 1
I also have quite the same problem on my AVR 325. However,I figure out that it only happen when the unit is cold(in a cold surrounding and it havent turn on for some time). It never shut off in the middle of operation, just during warming up may be. Im not sure if we had the same kind of problem. As for the fan, I never notice it turns on. I have a 5.1 configuration. As I know the fan will only function when it is really hot such as in 7.1 configuration. There is no way to test the fan functionality as stated at the Harman website.

Username: Topher

Post Number: 3
I've had my 325 for 3 months now & have noticed the fan come on once, when I was playing music fairly loud (-15 to -10db) in 5-channel stereo. It's never shut off, but I've never run it too long, perhaps a couple of movies at -20db or so.
I had mine in a cabinet closed on the sides, but it's now in a stand I made that's open all around.

bartem
Unregistered guest
I've had an HK AVR 525 for two months. Suddenly as of two days ago it started shutting itself off randomly. I tried reseting it, cooling it. None worked. As I was ready to take it to the service, I figured one of my cables was short circuiting at the speaker end. I love my AVR 525 more now as it protected itself by shutting down. the lesson is to check the wirings for any possible short circuits.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us