Monitor Audio Silver 9s ...need opinions.

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 17
I believe this is a discontinued line from Monitor but at one time were their high-end in the silver series. I believe they normally retailed at $2,000 and I am getting a deal for them for $1,200. Should I pursue this deal? Is it bad to purchase an older line? I was thinking about the S6s at $8-900 but for $300, is i worth it? have a Marantz 7400

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 461
I don't think it's a good deal - you can get the gold for that.

You don't like the sound of bronze?
It won the stereophile magazine recimmended component while the silver didn't - and it's only $300 for a pair at the Goodguys store (if you live near one).

Sometimes you can get a good deal on www.audiogon.com on used ones.

Paradigm studio and Green Mountain Europa will beat them (for me)

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 20
Thanks James. I'm looking for a pair of solid stereo speakers (not home theatre in this case). Was considering the Silver 6s b/c the reviews and the price are great ($1,000). When I se SIlver 9's though for only $200 more, I wonder if its a good deal. The 9's were the top notch in the silver series, from what i understand and the reviews for them were excellent. Although it is not manufactured anymore, at $800 less than the normal retail price, it appeared like a good deal. I just wanted to make sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us