Compatible Speakers for Onkyo TX-NR609?

Username: Ramkyo

Post Number: 1
Can someone recommend good "ceiling speakers" for my Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver? This is a 7.2 Channel receiver and I'm looking for my 25x15 family room. I spoke to Onkyo customer support and they don't have anything small to attach to the ceiling so recommended to buy third party speakers.

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17520

IMO recommending something you may not have access to is not a productive way to pick speakers. Do you have any audio shops in your area that would have a selection of ceiling mount speakers? If so, I would say just head over and give a listen to what's available in your area. Being able to hear a speaker before you buy it is always best.

The Onkyo doesn't require any special considerations when it comes to ceiling speakers. Try to avoid anything less than an 8 Ohm speaker but, even if you have to settle for a 4 Ohm system, you can make up for this with the type of in wall volume controls and/or speaker selection switching you use. The volume controls and the speaker switch box can go along way to making a system operable or a complete mess.

Who is doing the installation of the equipment for you? Most professional installers have some contacts with dealers and can recommend a pair of speakers along with the proper controls and switches.

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Top Deals

Forum Help

Follow Us