Could you suggest Bookshelf type SPEAKERS for HITACHI KS-2450H RECEIVER?

Username: Tdey1618

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 4
Hi there, I just got my hands on a Hitachi KS-2450H Receiver and I'm looking for either vintage, used or new speakers to connect them to. I would be using the system primarily for vinyl.

I know there are millions of speaker systems out there, but I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

When it comes to Passive vs. Active I get confused. I wouldn't need to spend money on active speakers right, since the receiver would supply the power?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17137

The Hitachi has enough power to drive most inexpensive speakers. Consider the rule to be most lower priced speakers are intended to be paired with a lower priced receiver and you should be fine. Check the "Affordable Speakers" thread or look at what a retailer such as Parts Express has to offer, You can save yourself some cash and still have reasonably good to very high quality speakers if you're willing to screw together a small kit. Stick with two way systems rather than three ways. There's more money available to put into the quality of the system when the cost has to be divided between only two drivers and the sound can actually be much better when you're on a budget.

Username: Tdey1618

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 5
Thanks again Jan, and for the response in the other thread.

I was curious, since you are knowledgeable what is your take on those iphone/ipod speakers? Would any of those, as long as they have phono input or an aux jack that I can use a phono adaptor into, be suitable?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17138

I haven't seen any of those speakers that I would consider owning. But, then again, I haven't looked at them very much either. In general, I'd say stick with a more well known home audio speaker line and you should be fine.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us