BOSE Lifestyle 35 - PS48 Subwoofer Problems

Username: Signosis

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums and just want to start off by saying Hello!

I purchased a new Bose Lifestyle 35 home entertainment system approximately 5-6 years ago (Possibly longer). Unfortunately, during that time, the system has only been used for a total of nearly 3 years. A little over year ago, the system just went dead. Since then, I never had the chance to get it repaired as it just sat around collecting dust.

I've "finally" had the opportunity to troubleshoot and found the following:

The AV28 Rev. 00 Media Center powers up and appears to be working fine after testing the AM/FM radio, CD, DVD, etc using the A/V outputs but can't determine if the speaker zone 1 or 2 connections work based on (see below).

The PS48 Rev. 00 Powered Subwoofer appears to be the issue as no sound is emitted from any of the speakers. I have rewired, re-powered/reset, and do not see a visual power LED indicator light as found on later PS48 versions. I then took apart the system in search of a fuse and found it perfectly intact. I further examined the hardware by taking apart the boards and found no visual indication of any burn, stain, or smoke. Everything appears to be intact, non-tampered, and visually clean.

Has anyone had any similar or known issues with these units? I was very disappointed in the system and would hate to purchase a "new" unit or invest in any "expensive" repairs? Any known easy or common solutions?

Thanks ahead!

Upload

Username: Signosis

Post Number: 2
Anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3095
I'm going to try and not be overly negative. You've done a LOT to troubleshoot the problem and deserve some credit.
Bose is generally NOT very forthcoming with help or schematics.
Sometimes a Bose guy visits here and dispenses advice. You May want to read some of the other threads about known faults�.but unfortunately, they deal with other units which may or may not share any boards with YOUR unit.

Doesn't everything plug thru the sub?

I'm sorry�..Next time you are in the market for some music / stereo /home theater, you might be better served by skipping Bose��..

You might want to CALL BOSE and find out the extent of help available and cost. Also, other sites MIGHT have access to schematics�which, depending on how confident you are with a meter or other test equipment might do you some good.

Best of luck getting this fixed:

Username: Inach

BETERA, Valencia España

Post Number: 1
i have solved the problem for my bose subwoofer ps48, i have changed the fuse and the item identified in motherboard how VR101: 14D431K

Username: Inach

BETERA, Valencia España

Post Number: 2
one image

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums