NAD 310 Speakers and clipping

Username: Kpeters

Post Number: 3
Hey guys! Just bought a NAD 310 and wow what a sound was not expected from such a small and simple budge amplifier.

I have some small bose speakers now which don't sound that good and I paired them to some Boston Acoustics Vr20 the other day which made a huge diff!

Question is do you guys think this amp can't handle some Boston cs226 II 15-250 watts without clipping and damagind them? Sensibilityis 89db if im not mistaken.

There was no clipping on the vr20's whatsoever only diference is these other speakers have an extra driver each.

Im not thinking about going past middle volume on this little amp just need the extra punch from the towers.

Cheers!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16671

"Question is do you guys think this amp can't handle some Boston cs226 II 15-250 watts without clipping and damagind them? Sensibilityis 89db if im not mistaken."

The amp and the speakers will be fine. "Sensibility" is what's called for. If you hear clipping distortion, turn down the volume.

Username: Kpeters

Post Number: 4
Thanks a lot for the reply! Guy that's selling me the speakers told me that unless I was a party animal cranking up the volume too much on the little NAD I should be fine. Pretty happy with this purchase so much better than my previous Sony "Hifi".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us