Pioneer Ilink and Ipod

bayonic
Unregistered guest
Hello,
i'm seriously considering the Pioneer VSX-AX5i which is the same as the 55TXi I think.
Although it has no video upconversion function ... it is still one of the few receivers in its price range to have Ilink and USB .
is anyone using an IPOD as a source for this receiver ? how is the Ipod connected ? by USB or Firewire ? is it as simple as just plugging the other end of the firewire cable from the Ipod to the receiver? how is the sound quality compared to CD sources ?

thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 404
You can hook up the Ipod to any receiver - just go to radio shack and tell them what you want to do and get the best cable they have.

The quality is not bad at all although an upscale CD players do sound better (if you pay more than $600).

With this info, your choice opens up for more receivers like panasonic sa-xr45 which sounds better to me. Upgrade the power chord to get most out of this one.

NOTE:"GET RID OF THE STOCK POWER CORD!" That cannot be stressed enough IMO!

Wayne of "The Boulder Cable Co." has the best solution which is to install the IEC Receptacle in the back so you can by-pass using an Adaptor all together. http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=4991&postdays=0&postorder=asc &start=180

If you really want to enjoy music, 2 way amp is the way to go - like NAD 320bee for instance.
The panasonic 45 is good for home theatre though, and is better than other surround receiver for music as well at the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us