Klipsch RW-8 or Canton AS 20 ?

Anonymous

I have a chance to get either a Klipsch RW-8 or Canton AS 20 for my small/medium room. It will be paired with NHT front/center/rear and a denon 1803 receiver.

Any suggestions? I have 1 day to make up my mind.

Thanks,
Alex

Bronze Member
Username: Ericb

Ottawa, Canada

Post Number: 12
have you made up your mind yet? I cant comment on the Klipsch but I just went through the motions of purchasing a sub ended up with the Canton ASD-250. Canton does a great job for both music and HT and I am very pleased with it. I know most people usually say there stuff is the best, but Canton has really impressed me recently in many areas. From what I have read on Klipsch, I'm sure it would serv you well as well. What are you matching it up with for fronts, centre etc?

Anonymous

I'm matching it with NHT SB2/SC-1/Denon 1803. I had to go with the Canton AS20 because I got a good deal on it, the nicer semi-glossy finished and smaller size. For music, it adds the missing bass that I didn't have with my SB2 and for movies it added the boom that I was looking for. I think it is a good choice for a small apt. with cranky neighbors.

I am happy with the decision, but I'm sure the Klipsch would sound just as good or better. However, I probably couldn't take advantage of the power that Klipsch has to offer due to the size of the room.

I think that the placement/looks is more of an issue for these 2 with the small space.

Alex

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us