Arthur Salvatore's high-endaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 1089
Anyone else read Mr. Salvatore's site? I just stumbled upon it myself. Very interesting and entertaining to say the least.

http://www.high-endaudio.com/

So far I've read the Reference Components List (but did not read about each piece of gear), and I'm now reading his thoughts on John Atkinson and the direction he took Stereophile. One thing Salvatore does not do is pull any punches!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5543
Why do most of these websites have such a horrible design?? I wish one of these guys would pay me 100-200 to photoshop then code a nice layout. I've done it in the past for other companies.

Great website, though. Thanks for sharing.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4455
Did you guys see his exchange with Fremmer? Pretty entertaining if you're in the mood to read a heated confrontation. An epic meltdown by Fremmer.

Gold Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 1090
The Fremer stuff I kind of glossed over quickly. I might go back and read it more carefully. The way he totally dissects Atkinson and Stereophile though, is a thing of beauty. That the folks at Stereophile even try to put up an argument (and fail miserably) defending their actions couldn't be more pathetic. It is checkmate for Salvatore and there is just no way to win for Stereophile.

His thoughts on audio in general though, the setting of priorities and what not, are really interesting too. Check out Audio Critique > Audio Philosophy, and also the Reference Components List.

And yes, the site could be laid out better and made easier to read. Oh well, still well worth the time, IMO. I've spent a few hours reading so far I'm sure, and there is still lots more to go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us