Rotel RCD 990 CD Player

Username: Yamaha

Post Number: 3
Anyone have one of these. Its a rare bird. Looking to share experiece. Mine has been great so far. Stan

EGreen
Unregistered guest
I have the RCD 955AX. An oldy and not so goody ...in fact it really sucks ...from the begining it really sucked...yet I failed to recognize it for all my feelings of superiority over the Sony et al users I thought blindly swayed by mass marketing. The quality of sound was never vastly superior and it's propensity to skip or simply not recognize cd's was/has been maddening. I will now dump it in the trash and go out and buy the cheapest machine I see.

EG

Username: Yamaha

Post Number: 6
EG sorry to here that. My original foray into the good stuff was the 955AX still have it in a second system. No problems. Sound wise it got great reviews by stereophile and other major reviewers. Don't know aht the rest of your system contains but if it is not up to the level of your source components the player will shurely let you know. Good luck on finding a good one. Stan

EGreen
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I had a decent entry level wanna be audiophilic set up, I suppose(d) I had the Nakamamichi TA 2A amp/tuner and Phase Tech speakers. The weak link was most definitely the Rotel. The $69.00 Toshiba DVD player I hooked up in leu of a replacement did better.

EGreen
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us