Need help!!!

Username: Irosales77

Post Number: 1
I am hanging my front and rear speakers on the wall just below the ceiling. I wan to know what do I do with the center channel speaker? Do I hang it up next to the ceiling, under the tv, or leave it on the tv stand? Where will I get the best sound? Any advice?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1336
You have to try different positions with all of your speakers to see where they sound best.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16138

Does your HT receiver/processor have the ability to adjust for the distance between each speaker and the distance between each speaker and your listening position?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1339
If you mount the speakers too close to the ceiling, you may find the bass to be overwelhming even if the sub bass is filtered out (speakers set to "small"). In this case, the mid bass might become an issue. If the subwoofer output only functions in surround mode, listening to music in stereo might be rough. If you can get 2 people to hold your front left and right speakers and stand to the side as they move them up and down, closer to and further from corners, closer to and further to each other while listen (not too loud) you should be able find the best location for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us