Need help finding good computer speaker/subwoofer system for good price

Username: Attackhd

Post Number: 1
hey i just recently got spare money and im looking for a computer speaker system that will blow me away with quality and bass. The problem is my absolute most is 120, and what i actually would enjoy spending is <100. I have looked at the logitec z523 and those are what i was planning on buying, but i looked back again and i really want to get my purchase correct for being the best i can get for my money (if that makes sense lol). I would like listening to all songs with these speakers, but have the ability to crank the bass up a little to have fun with heavy bass songs. I have a lot of space under my desk, available space on top of my desk but i would rather only have speakers up here. the reason i pointed out that is because it gets pretty dusty under my desk, i do clean it as often as it occurs but i dont know if its good for the sub woofer or not. Sorry for all the incorrect grammar and punctuation and stuff, but anyway it would be greatly appreciated if i could get a full response to my question.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16130

For computer sound that will blow you away you'll need an external amplifier and subwoofer to go with those speakers. Try contacting Parts express and Madisound to see what they suggest. Slightly above your price range you could find a pair of AudioEngine speakers with a built in amp that probably wouldn't require a subwoofer but would certainly have better performance than any sub you'll find in a $100 complete system.

Username: Attackhd

Post Number: 2
any other suggestions, you did not help very much :D, im looking for a set, i guess you where right by the blow me away part but i guess lets take it down a notch, 120 or under speaker system for my computer that has a good quality subwoofer(no rattling/wire problems and all of that) And nice speakers,again im looking for a set so i guess looking by myself in 2.1 speaker websites would be good but i need reccomendations... not places to look or buy

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2295
The AudioEngine speakers are a fine start.
Ask for the sub, for a holiday or birthday gift? But only if you need it.
For your kind of $$$ you're only going so far and in this case, 'less is more'.
Even if you spent the whole wad on JUST a sub, it'd still be disposible. A sub that isn't just boom/thump starts a bit north of your price range.....for JUST a sub.

Andre, people here are mainly interested in good sound and will generally tell you the best sounding option even if it isn't quite what you had in mind.

Making it a even easier::

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-2

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16132

Advice is as helpful as you make it. I assume you have no intention of calling either place for their advice. Well then, yes, the advice wasn't worth the time I took posting it.

The AudioEngine's are worth the money. Maybe you should consider that just because you have $120, spending $120 isn't the best idea. Leo's right when he says the sub $200 speaker systems are disposable. Tomorrow you'll end up throwing away whatever you spend on them today. Saving just a bit more and buying a speaker that is well regarded and that will serve your needs for many years would, IMO, be the better option. Most of us here in this forum have learned the lessons of buying disposable audio and no longer play that game. We have built systems that are extremely satisfying and that can in many cases "blow you away" over time and with careful consideration.

If that's still not what you want to hear, you might try the "computer" section of the forum. Most of us here aren't using the logitech or anything similar. You might get advice more like what you want to hear from another group on the forum.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us