NAD C372 Remote Where Can I find one?

Silver Member
Username: Mordecai

Texas

Post Number: 406
I bought a used NAD C372 without a remote. I was listening nearfield so I didn't matter. I've made changes in my listening room and would like a remote. I found a website that I can buy the SR6 replacement remote for $60 shipped but before I buy I wanted to check to see if anyone has one they want to sell or if a cheap universal remote has the NAD codes.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15866

Cheap universal remotes have programs installed for other cheap audio products.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2087
You will seldom just turn on the NAD without other things, as well.

The long term solution may be a Logitech Harmony type remote.

You program 'macros'.
For example, I press 'watch TV'. The TV turns on and sets itself to the correct input. The small dish turns on as does the amp, also to the correct input. BINGO. I can than adjust loudness, change channels, control recording and playback and look at all the schedules.

For CD? It turns on the amp, adjusts the input to CD and turns on the CD player.

I have a total of 4 macros with room for several more. 1 remote.

ALL programing is done on the internet by answering some questions and plugging the remote in via USB.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 409
Good point Jan. Leo, I thought about a remote like the Harmony, but I'm not sure I want to spend $150 purely for the convenience. I've never been bothered by having multiple remotes.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4348
Look around for closeout deals/discontinued models, Mordecai. I bought an Xbox 360 version of a Harmony for about $50. Now that I have it, I'd have paid full price. It really makes everything easier.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 410
Are the NAD codes includes with the Harmony?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2088
I found codes for my PSAudio integrated, so the NADs a no-brainer.

I had trouble with my CA840c CD player, though. I had to use another model to get it to work... Can't select inputs, though.

All the coding is done online, so you will NEED an internet connection. There is a learning function, too, but you need an existing remote to make that work.
Write down all your gear and how you want it connected before you go online and it'll go much faster.
Don't be afraid to spend few bucks on a remote. You can get pretty good for 100$. Also, I'll bet it would have been worth a few bucks to you to get the NAD with a good, working remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us