Rolling Stone's Top 25 Record Shops

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4285
Didn't know you had so many great record shops in your somewhat neck of the woods, Art.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/the-best-record-stores-in-the-usa-20100 916

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15665
Cool Stu, thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13777
Been to all of the NW ones listed and made purchases at all. Jive Time is by far my favorite and Jackpot my least. Jackpot's offerings are very limited. Been to more than one Easy Street, one in Queen Anne and another in West Seattle. I like Sonic Boom but Jive Time is the best and where I bought the vast majority of the records that I once had.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4286
I've got to check out the NYC and Princeton shops. It's just suck a pain in the rear end going into NYC. Even though I can get there in 20 minutes on the train, getting around and carrying stuff around sucks. It's an all-day event that gets tiring pretty quick. Funny thing is, whenever I'm in NYC, I'm never near the record shops. One of these days, I guess. Hopefully before I leave the area.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4582
I wish we had even just one store like that here in Ottawa.

I used to spend a lot of time at the Record Peddler in downtown Toronto back in the 80's and early 90's - an awesome store for buying punk and metal albums, back before punk and metal was commercially viable. Apparently it is now defunct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us