Dual 1273

Username: Snipesace

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a Dual 1273 and am just looking for some information about it. Years ago I dug it up out of basement. It is my father's, I believe he got it 1977 (at least, the owner's manual is from 1977). about 5 years ago I took it to Columbus Radio in Winnipeg to be tuned up, and the gentleman there offered to buy it for around $800, which seemed pretty steep to me. I have not been able to find any sort of information on this particular model, anyone know anything about it?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15679
I sold Dual for more than a fifteen years and I don't remember that model number. In the late '70's Dual had switched from the "12" series tables which were changer/single play models to the "500/600/700" series. There's no reference to your model number on the "Dual reference" site; http://www.dual-reference.com/tableinx.htm

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1965
I had a Dual 1209.....maybe '71 or '72? The neat feature was the center 'umbrella' which was the gate for 'stacking' records.
To make a record play over-and-over...you put the 45 center on the spindle and a record on top. It would continue to play the same record until stopped.
This TT was even good enough to take advantage of a much better than regular pickering / empire / shure cart of the day...in the form of an Ortofon LM20 which was the finest cart I ever owned. bar none. Like buying an all-new record collection.

As for the 1273? Euro only model? In any event, if real, it was pretty late in the series.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1966
Mis-write for 1237? Bet I'm correct!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15648
http://www.dual-reference.com/tables/1237.htm

This one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here