New memberUsername: Darrylp
Markham, Ontario Canada
Post Number: 1
Have been using an NAD T743 receiver for 5 years with no problems.
I just upgraded from a projection LCD to a 3d plasma a couple weeks ago and have not been able to hear digital audio since.
Some quick points:
- PS3 for games & music, XBox 360 & Satellite not working at all for any curround mode.
- Currently, HDMI for all into the TV with Digital Out from TV to receiver
- Tried direct digital audio from ps3 to receiver.. also did not work
- Tried direct digital audio from bluray to receiver and did not work
- Tried 3 different digital audio cables (all monster), did not work
- Audio Settings on Samsung tv are for external speakers, tv speakers work fine
- Only thing that works is the Satellite (plugged into the receiver with standard audio cables)... but the satellite only works when SPEAKERS B is turned on and only works on 2 (front) of the 5 speakers. When SPEAKERS A is on, nothing works... and none of the surround sound modes work.
- Tried using the "test" speakers feature on the remote, nothing works... no speaker sound tests get performed.
- All 5 speakers are wires correctly into the speakers A area at the back.
- No speakers are plugged into the Speakers B slots
- Audio settings on the PS3 were set to HDMI ... which goes into the TV... and the TV has the digital audio out to the receiver.
- The receiver has no hdmi inputs ... only 2 digital audio in
Any help you can give to get this working again would be much appreciated... i have no idea what the issue is.
Silver MemberUsername: Superjazzyjames
Post Number: 364
New memberUsername: Gonzaga_92
Post Number: 5
go into the ps3 audio settings menu, select optical output, make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are checked to on. set audio-multi-output to on. save settings, and it should work. For the test run the optical output straight to the receiver. hope that helps.