Need affordable turntable setup

Username: Ajk85

Post Number: 1
I could use some help finding some good equipment for my turntable that isnt too expensive. I've got a Sony pslx300usb turntable right now. Im looking to get a decent integrated amp and some nice speakers to add to it. I'm new to vinyl so I don't want to break the bank on these items just yet. I was thinking $300 total and I was looking in the used market. Is this possible or at this price point should I be looking at maybe something like this http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers/devices/224? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15200

Apparently your turntable has a built in phono pre amp. You can plug this table into any amplifier with a "line level" (aux, tuner, tape, etc.) input.

Asking for suggestions on used gear makes for a ridiculous amount of equipment to consider. Think of the thousands of various amplifiers and speakers which exist on the used market, only a few of which you might have access to buying at any one time and then in a month the list changes again.

Your price range is pretty low even for used gear and most especially if you don't know what to look for in used gear. You can go one of two routes IMO, first just buy something that works and use it till it breaks or you have more cash - or both. Second, find a shop that sells good used equipment with a modest warranty and spend what it takes to put together a good, say, $500 system.

But, for what you're asking there is no good answer. You just need to go out and look and listen if you can. Buying components is more cost effective than buying a one piece "thing" that you will end up throwing away once it stops working.

Username: Ajk85

Post Number: 2
Thanks. The help is much needed. I'm a Dallasite myself. Any good spots in Dallas with good used equipment?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15201

I don't know if any shop in Dallas/Fort Worth takes trades nowdays. Just call around and ask is the best I have. I would think your best bet would be Marvin's in FW but they might not have anything as inexpensive as you are seeking. Check out the "speaker bargains" thread in the "Speakers" forum.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us