Arx 3 great technology and only $499 a pair.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Aurora, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2226
This is a interresting speaker,i have always been a big fan of XBL^ woofers,since my time with Tim's Lings and Emma's and i've always been a fan of planer magnetic tweeters,so this speaker has caught my attention they are sold at: theaudioinsider.com and they are the replacement for their now defunk Acculine series.Never the less,this is another great bargain,more to come as i get them broke in they only have about 10 hours on them,later folks!

Silver Member
Username: Mordecai

Texas

Post Number: 358
Hello Tawaun! I have the Acculine's A2's in my HT setup. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the Arx. I really like the Planar mag tweets.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15052
mord I saw in another thread you bought two dac's to put against each other but didnt share the outcome can you share it with me now

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 359
Certainly Sean, I compared the HRT + against the Musical Fidelity V-DAC. I listened to each for about a week and choose the HRT+. It was more musical, better sound stage and had more air. It also had better lowend. I compared it with an optical cable and the USB cable. The HRT sounded better than the V-DAC with either cable. I have an Mhdt Red Devil USB cable which cost $50 combined with the HRT+ sounds terrific. I compared the Red Devil against cheaper USB cables it is clearly better sounding cable. It provided the airy aspect along with good separation.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15082
thanks mord well then the vdac is out thats two bad reviews I read for it....right now im looking at saving for a bel canto dac 1.1 but ill have to make sure to remember that red devil.....I want to knock it out of the park with my dac to pc music server.....ill be sellling my $500 nad cd player then too....sorry for the thread dump

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 360
Sean, I hear the HRT Music Streamer 2+ is even better than the + that I have. I also hear the professional version and the HD are excellent as well. I think I going to move up to the 2+, Studio 20's or possibly tower speakers and better Int Amp than the Nad 325 I currently use. I am also using anti-cable IC's and cables.

Here is a link to the Red Devil
http://dhost.info/mhdtlab/Cable.htm

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15165
Also of interest, Mike Wodek uses this setup.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/streamer/streamer+.html

http://www.entreq.com/default.asp?PageId=2360

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 361
Mike is the one that encouraged me to buy the streamer + and Red Devil. I looked at the Entreq USB and read the Six Moon article. Very interesting product. However, it looks like the cheapest USB is around $250 which is a little pricey for my budget system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us