Opinion on Sub for Arro's

Bronze Member
Username: Halfempty

Canada

Post Number: 15
Hi everyone,

I'm liking my Arcam / Totem Arro combo for Acoustic / Jazz music, but feel it lacks a little "oomph" for Springsteen, etc.My listening area is not very big. I sit about 9-10 feet away from the speakers and they are two feet from the back wall.

Will adding a sub give me the result I'm looking for, or do I need to be listening at a higher volume / bigger area to achieve any benefits?

Thanks in advance for your opinion....

David

Silver Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 181
put Arro's closer to the wall/corner, you will gain bass, can play with the sand to load them but they will loose bit of the sharpness. What Arcam are you using? They are power hungry. I was running them with AVR350 by amped

Pablo

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3797
What you're getting with the Arros is pretty typical IMO. They play great at low to moderate levels, but hit the wall pretty quick as far as SPL and bass slam goes.

Make sure you've got everything placed right. Audio Physic's website has a very good article on proper speaker placement. I'd also try moving your seat a little closer before buying anything.

The Arros aren't very easy to pair up with a sub. You'll need something quick and designed for music instead of home theater, which most subs are really designed for.

Totem's subs work very well. ERA and REL are two alternatives I'd look into as well. Some people swear by the JL Audio subs. I haven't heard them, and they're pretty pricey, so no comment from me.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14924
I think Art enjoyed the ERA 10" sealed sub. The model escapes me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us