CHEAP SPEAKERS!

X
Hi,
Im looking for new speakers for my newly aquired Kenwood 6070 receiver. I found some Yamaha NS-777 or 555 speakers, and was ready to purchase them but then I found out that they are 6 ohm! I still may buy them, and use a different amp to power them. (Akai AM-2950 if it means anything)
May also look at Fluance SX-HTB... What speakers do you guys recomend for the 6070 for maximum 199 USD?

Kar
I have the Fluance AVHTB package and my friend has the SX-HTB and we both are more than satisfied with them. I run with with a H/K receiver and the with Denons.

Berny
Do not use anything lower than 8ohms on the Kenwood! They will heat up and the receiver will go into protect mode and then it breaks. Personal experience.
Go for the Fluance.

Berny
Do not use anything lower than 8ohms on the Kenwood! They will heat up and the receiver will go into protect mode and then it breaks. Personal experience.
Go for the Fluance.

X
If I bought the Yamaha's, and used the front channel pre-outs from my 6070 and used my old Akai Am-2950 to power the fronts I would be alright?..right? (the Akai can handle 4 ohm) I probably wont,and will get the Fluance, but I love the look of the Yami's. Thanks for all your guys help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us