Power problem in sub..

Username: Subabu2002

Erode,, Tamil nadu,i... India

Post Number: 3
hi,
i have yamaha yst sw320 sub. when i using this sub at high volume, the subwoofer power was cut a second and then on. at low volume there was no problem.

what is the reason?? is any dust formation in on\off switch? or any reason please inform me.

thank you,
suresh babu.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
The problem is heat, when you use it at high volume you create heat and the protection circuitry shut things down before you destroyed the sub.

Post Number: 4
thank you vigne,then how i would play the sub.at high volumes. do you have any idea??

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
The same way you learn the limits of anything.
You will begin to get a sense of how loud the subwoofer can go depending on the demands of the music. It will be represented by the position on the volume control or the dB read out on your amplifier assuming the level control on the sub isn't changed. When the sub cuts out you must lower the volume to not have the same result next time. Hopefully you can learn the limits of your equipment before you permanently damage a piece of gear. Unfortunately, continually driving the sub into protection is risking damage. If the sub has an external fuse I would replace it with a 1/2 amp LOWER fuse and get on a quick learning curve.

Post Number: 7
hi vigne,

my problem is:

at time of `booming` or speaker vibration during sound,the greenlight is slowly dimmed and then the power was cut.
sometimes the green light changed to red colour. and then completely the sound was cut.

i struck or shake the head of the subwoofer, the
power(green light) was `on`.and then sound comes.

at low sound,that problem hasn`t happen.

again i increase the volume, the same problem again happened.

any dry solderin problem in the `on\off` switch. or
any loose connection in the switch?

please clear my douts

thankyou
suresh babu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us