Issue with a Panasonic SA-AK47 shelf system...

Username: Davecustommade

Post Number: 1
I was looking, online, for some help with diagnosing an issue I have with my [relatively old] Panasonic SA-AK47 shelf system. I found this forum, so would like to ask for your opinions.

Regardless of what I'm playing, CD, Tape, Radio, or Auxilary, it will play like normal, but it will "click" inside, and the sound will go off. The digital readout, on the front, acts like it is still getting a signal, but it won't play the sound. A tap on the back will usually get it to come back on. Any idea what this could be and if it is fixable? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1099
Greetings Dave,

If you have no experience at all in cracking covers off electronic devices I do NOT suggest that this is a time to try but perhaps you know someone who has.

This does, however, sound like the dream job of an electronic technician, a re creatable problem that makes a sound when it fails (makes the problem area easy to locate) and fixes itself when tapped on the side (some connections is loose, gets warm and probably moves and is put back in place by a knock on the case).

Post Number: 2
Yes, that is the case here. I'm not qualified to fix it myself, and as I looked for a replacement, nothing matches my current system. Either they have small speakers, but an RCA input, . . . .or they have NO RCA input but have good speakers. I guess I just need to find a qualified person to take a look at this. I think I can tell where the clicking is coming from, . . . but that doesn't do me any good, since my "attempts to fix it" would just ruin it, and I'd prefer to get it fixed. I am just hoping that it doesn't cost a LOT of money to do so.

Thank you for the input and greetings.

Username: Mekimmusik

Post Number: 1
Subject: Issue with a Panasonic SA-AK47 shelf system...
My unit plays works great... EXCEPT when I go to shut it 'off.'
It comes right back on and will not stay off. What can I do to fix this? I tried unplugging and re-plugging it back in but it makes no difference... can anyone suggest how to fix this? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 649
Kuskus, try calling tech support first. There might be a simple fix. If not, is it undet warranty? If it's off warranty, you might need to replace the unit, pay more in repairs that you did buying the system or deal with it. I'd recommend upgrading to a receiver system. They're much more reliable and sound better too.

Post Number: 3
If you haven't set the time on your stereo, it will keep coming back on. Set it, and it will remain shut off [when you want it off].

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1011
Really, the Sony compact I had had a demo display that stayed on when the unit was in standby you had to turn off if you didn't want it going. Not setting the clock had no effect on its operation or powering off though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us