Jitter is not audible.

Bronze Member
Username: Steve_bruzonsky

Post Number: 21
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ast/26/1/50/_pdf

Not audible until 30,000ps in a sighted and direct control test and 250,000ps in a blind test.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13981
My receiver does not have jitter at all.

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 272
it depends on whether or not your receiver or CDP has a Jones....

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2657
I once had a Technics cdp - man that gave me the jitters!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13982
Steve posted in receivers, so I assume his Candle receiver has a jitter issue...

Gold Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1059
Wham had a song that started with the lyrics...."Jitter bug"..not that there's anything wrong with that....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Just another fault with the audiophile market.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14029
Just another troll issue.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
How is it a troll issue nuck? They do sighted tests and blind tests with average people with cheap gear and pro's with high end gear and they find out that even in the sighted tests that current jitter in current gear is not audible. What more proof do you want?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 690
For everyones consideration:

http://cplay.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php?n=CMP.03Jitter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Sorry but I am not interested in subjective BS from a site trying to sell more snake oil products.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14071
Leo, your links no go clicky neither

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 691
http://cplay.sourceforge.net/

This is the start of article. link works for me...
Highlight than Right click, 'open in new window'. At least in my Mac.

As for YOU Bruz, you may want to have someone read you at least the Intro to the article. These guys do not have a profit making horse in the race. I've watched (read, actually) much of your anti-intellectual filibustering to know you ain't got it. This is a fully referenced piece and to blow it off without due consideration is ignorant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Sorry leo but they are not interested in what is audible if they were they would have done several DBT's. Its funny how these people like leo are not interested in facts and when a DBT proves their belief wrong in their audio world they don't know what to do.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 702
Steve, Did you have someone read you the article?

Some interesting numbers are mentioned which may be of some interest to a digital audio expert such as yourself.

BTW, where did you get your engineering degree? How much statistics have you taken? Ever designed an experiment? Have you ever done any engineering work?

DBT is not quite as easy as you make it out. I was an engineering technician in a semiconductor house(s) for 30+yrs and participated in experiments and experimental design for process improvement. Just designing an experiment to prove or IMprove something is hard enough. Throw in blind / subjective judgement and you have a real can of worms. To 'prove' something at a statistically significant level under those conditions is very difficult.

Please, take some notes, jot down your experimental suggestions and I'll take a look. Just yowling DBT doesn't cut it. The devil is in the details.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14155
fuckingtroll

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
How am I a troll? This article as objective evidence that proves jitter in audio wrong. Is this how the high end reacts when they are confronted with proof?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14334
Because it is Troll holiday from 12.17-01.08.
National holiday for ya.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
That is your response? This paper discusses jitter in theory and then they actually test and listen! You would think that the high end would be interested in listening to their equipment?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Nuck, as usually you have no reply to a question, do you change the oil in your car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Audiophools, measurements do not matter, now lets try and discuss jitter and how it can affect audio performance, oh wait jitter is soly based on measurements.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us