Bose Acoustimass 9 din

Username: Pippolino

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have an Acoustimass 9 that I want to connect to a Pioneer 5.1 amplifier. Is it possible? can you help me in building an adapter to the bose din? (attached picture).

Best regards,
Lorenzo

Upload

Username: Nowzen

Lorenzo, I have just got a schematic for the amp. I am trying to utilise it for a sub. Are you looking at just using it for a sub, or what are your intentions.
There is a couple of issues that I can see to start. ie the amp is turned on my an external voltage (from controller) looking at bypassing that at the mo. Second issue is volume controll of the amp which comes from serial data, however this is also bypassable with some effort. I will let you know how my project progresses

Username: Charlie_ruizpr

This is information I gathered along the way that may help

olofNew member
Username: Olof

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 06:51 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Mark!

Now I finally got my hands on the system!

Unfortunately it seems like the sub is AM9P...

The prior owner had a really crappy repair-job on the input-cable (the 8-pin DIN-cable). I cant understand how he have connected this? It seems that:

top of 3,5mm is connected to pin 7
mid of the 3,5mm is connected to pin 3
base of the 3.5mm is connected to pin 6

ground on the rca:s is pin 5 and pin 2
Tip of rca:s is pin 4 and pin 1

Is this correct? (pinouts according to the "maleside" of this: http://freespace.virgin.net/tom.baldwin/DIN8-pinout.gif )

Feels that I have to start with checking all the cables before I start digging into the sub

With best regards
Olof

Mark BurgessBronze Member
Username: Mr3dzpop

Woodstock, Georgia
USA

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 08:09 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olof,
I will refer to the 3.5mm jack sections as "tip","middle" and "shield". The "tip" should be connected to pin 6, this carries serial data to the sub. The "middle" carries the 10-12v turn-on voltage to control the power on the sub and should connect to pin 1. The "shield" is ground and should be connected to pin 7

Pins 2 and 4 are the signal inputs for the Left and Right channels respectively. Pins 3 and 5 are the grounds for the two channels. A mixup of these two sets, 2&3 or 4&5 is no big deal because they drive a differential amp within the sub (and there is a "differential" regardless of which pin is ground and which is signal. The important ones are of course the ones for serial Data and turn-on voltage. Make sure they are correct. And by the way, the reference you found for the male 8-pin DIN connector is correct.

Sorry for pasting someone elses thread on here but it may help.

Username: Mini4wheel

Hi,
I have a bose acoustimass 9 sub too. May I know what is a "serial data" as you have describe and how can I generate it?

By the way, the male jack is it the one which is connect to the cable? and the female jack is located at the bottom of the sub? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you....

Username: Watson

Sunnyvale, CA USA

Acoustimass 9 sub - How do I get inside to the amplifier/power supply? I think I have a bad capacitor in there somewhere.

Username: Arcraig

Regarding the Acoustimass 9 Sub, I was wondering whether it would be possible to utilize this for public performance, that is, in being connected to a Roland (Acoustic Chorus) AC-60 amplifier, especially since the Roland does have a 1/4" plug outlet for connection to a powered subwoofer.

Username: Melody173

Hi All,
I need to connect my Bose Lifestyle 20 powered sub to CD player. Would you kindly to guide me the wires should be connected from my CDplayer to this sub model? It has 5 pins female connector on this sub. I will do it myself to make this cable link if anyone would help me out for this matter.

Thanks for your time

Username: Mhatzis

am9 sub power up

Hi all,

i have an am9 sub and i want to connect it to avr, however i know i need to send a serial command to turn it on and another to turn up the volume. short of making up a pic MPC to do this. does anyone know of any other way to get this sub powered up. i have seen in the forum that theres a way to put it in to test mode that will give me the sub functionality that i need.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Frn69

AlicanteSpain

I want try put my am9 in test mode for work subwoofer only bur need service repair manual, Can Someone give me?

Username: Robhndez

Hello friends, I might say if they could connect the " bose acoustimass 9 " 8-pin and if they connected , as would be the diagram of each pin ? thx

Username: Ironwarez

Colombia, Bucaramanga Colombia

La Solución Final a Esta Duda

Upload

Saludos!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message