Equipment Collage

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 790
Home for the summer. Impossible to find a job. What else am I going to do for a further 8 weeks?

Ordered horizontally in order of ownership.
Upload
Upload

Links for bigger pictures:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/144/page1zyd.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7186/page2rco.jpg

Would be cool to see other people's collage mock ups!

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10377
That's pretty cool JJ!

Bronze Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 75
I LOVE that finish on the Quads(?) between the headphones and DAC. The Wharfie Diamond 9.1 Limited Editions look very nice as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Upload

Not everything, but a decent representation of what I've done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boulderdashcci/3769141559/

Silver Member

Post Number: 791
The quads finish was a limited edition laquered ebony! It was nice but a complete pain to keep looking clean. I prefer textured/matt wood finishes to any gloss.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Do you have any larger pictures of them? I've always wanted something with a finish like that (aside from the cleaning part, like you said).

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13025
Nice presentation, guys.
HTH do I do that?

Well the pics are all gone anyhow...sniff.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13026
See, I never went to collage...

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
Nice one Freddie, good to see your collage! Those cambridge soundworks standmounts look very very nice.
My first ever speakers are the same make (that plastic sub sat system). They started me off..
I'll try find some more detailed pics of the 11ls for you tomorrow Freddie.

Nuck, it was a simple copy and paste job of a file full of photos into word. Prior to this I'd open each picture with Microsoft office picture manager, and edit, resize pics to "small web" in "predefined" and resave with "( 2 )" after the file name so it wouldnt overwrite the original. Then organise the pictures in word, save, take a screen and resize that and upload.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10380
Another nice one Freddie...this must be the collage thread!

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 204
JJ, how were the Tannoy Sensys speakers? I've always been kind of intrigued by the dual concentric design, and when I bought my Tannoy F2 I was briefly considering stepping up to the Sensys instead. Never got a chance to listen to them though.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3406
I'm sure I've owned a piece or two that slips my mind...

Upload

I didn't use any pics that I took. All from Google Images, and tried to use stock photos whenever possible. Clockwise from upper left are the systems I've owned, in chronological order.

Yeah... I'm bored.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10384
Cool Stu!

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 896
Hey Stu. It looks like I owned a TT pretty close to yours before I moved to my Goldring. I had a Techniques SL-QD2 with an Ortofon P-mount cartridge. Sometimes I miss the fully automatic but only for a second.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
"Those cambridge soundworks standmounts look very very nice.
My first ever speakers are the same make (that plastic sub sat system). They started me off..
I'll try find some more detailed pics of the 11ls for you tomorrow Freddie. "

I use their PC speakers too and I find them very good for what they are, way beyond the Logitech and Creative branded stuff (Creative actually bought Cambridge because they had the best PC speakers on the market and Creative wanted in on that, so when Cambridge's designers were making them they were pretty nice, but now they're back to the flashy crap). They're actually fairly musical with pretty tight bass for multimedia speakers.

That said, the Newtons (the standmounts in my pic) were definitely on another level and were very good speakers. Unfortunately they cut pretty much all the lines except the the sub/satellite systems, so the company is going down hill. Still though, I love the stuff that I have from them.

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 205
I have Klipsch Promedia 2.1 computer speakers. No complaints, definitely well above average as far as computer speakers go. Cost me well above average too, $199. But they get lots of use (movies, occasional music, You Tube vids).

I once bought a pair of Creative speakers from Best Buy and returned them they were so horrible. Some of the stuff these companies like Creative, Altec Lansing, and Logitech put out is just embarrassing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Yeah the Creative and Logitech stuff is awful. My parents got a set of Logitechs with their computer and they ended up going back....They sounded absolutely terrible.

The ones Cambridge made for Creative were the only decent ones they ever had....A bit different than what they're selling now:
Upload

But anyway....sorry to go off topic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
Nice contribution Stu. Lots of NAD stuff there too.

Ye I remember that day Freddie, it was one of those dissapointing moments you know will let the company down. I remember that set too, isnt that the gigaworks though?
A bit like when creative also bought 'e-mu' to steal their chip designs which were used in the 'x-fi' range.
Hey, Altec Lansing do some decent stuff too!

Dan I recommended a good mate to get those same speakers, hes had them for about 3 years now and had no complaints. With regards to the sensys, they were open and detailed from what I remember. Extremely subobtimal placement though so honestly can't say what they'd have sounded like if properly placed. Bass weight could have been better BUT then I was using a Cambridge Audio amp!!
The imaging was good though, my current KEFs have a similiar technology, the uni-q and again imaging is good!

Enough of the sub/sat stuff anyway, hardly 'hi-fi' is it :P

Freddie, that larger picture you wanted..
Upload

And one with piano black gloss..
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3408
George,

It was the Technics SL-BD2 that my father hid from my mother for about 10 years, along with his vinyl. He told her he threw them out when in reality he hid them in the basement because he just couldn't let them go. He was pretty happy when I noticed them and asked for them.

I miss the auto return feature too, but not much else. It was basically a toy compared to my Xpression. I currently use it to clean my vinyl on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us