Cerwin Vega AVS-Sub8 problem

Username: Winner26

Post Number: 1
Hi I just upgraded my receiver to a new Denon AVR-789 and in the process, picked up a USED CV AVS-Sub8 subwoofer.

After initial hookup of the system, everything worked fine. The sub received power and sounded pretty good (for an 8" sub anyway). I played it for about 45 minutes.

The next day I plugged in a DVD and the sub not longer works. It powers up fine (red power light comes on) however does not appear to be receiving the signal from the receiver. When receiving a signal the red power light turns green but now it just stays red. The receiver shows that it is outputting dolby digital audio and the subwoofer light on the receiver display is lit so I am pretty sure the receiver isn't the problem. I've tried different co-ax cables and plugged into both the left and right inputs on the sub. I've even tried unplugging one of my front speakers and attaching these leads to the CV (it has both coax and speaker wire terminals). Nothing seems to work.

I'm a subwoofer newbie. Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us