Need Advice on good receiver/speakers/home theater...

Username: Inopethflames

Post Number: 9
im wanting to get a home theater system or receiver + speakers (5.1) in the range of $500-$1000, anybody have suggestions on the best ones. i have a ps3 so i dont need the blu-ray or dvd that comes with the all in one home theaters.

i had looked at american electronics & they have a couple things setup in the 600-800 range with usually denon receivers & yamaha or polk speakers. i just havent done any real researching yet on what is the best for the price.

also id rather get them at american or best buy rather than online but if anyone has a link to a good website that either sells these packages or gives info on it that would help. thanks!!

also if it matters i have a samsung hdtv.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9291
Infinity Primus speakers (you pick the model you can afford) and a Yamaha RX-V receiver (again you pick a model you can afford). For kick you'll have to add a sub...look at a Hsu STF model. These speakers and receiver can be had for far less than retail...good luck.

Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 10
Hi Bryan.

> Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system

> Onkyo 506 7.1 receiver

Mike

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2377
I'm with Art on this one. For affordable HT you really can't go wrong with Yamaha. I was pretty happy with my Pioneer too when I was using it.

Username: Inopethflames

Post Number: 10
im gonna hopefully figure out what i want by the end of this weekend but i wonder how much difference there really is if you get something around 500-750, i mean its probably all generally about the same, i guess ill find out for sure hopefully soon and get something, i think on cnet it said those energy speakers were like the highest rated or something i have to look more into it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us