The sad state of music quality...

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2336
Some of the comments to this article are interesting.

http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/03/the-sizzling-sound-of-music.html

I think the author is kinda missing the point when it comes to vinyl, though:

"Someone explained to me that audiophiles liked the sound artifacts of vinyl records -- the crackles of that format."

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13428

I saw this article last week. It sounds like the author doesn't own a turntable or else he'd get the idea a bit better. So assume this is someone with a McDonald's gift card criticizing a four star restaurant because people just seem to like something other than flourescent lighting.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2337
I actually found the posted comments more interesting that article. It's obvious the author doesn't know what he's writing about.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9241
Good grief.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11906
How is cell phone reception 'on a related note' to music?

This is hardly news, younguns do not care about music quality, and 'on a related note', most of the new music is created in compressed mess format anyhow, so nothing is missing.

Blah Blah Blah

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9243
"most of the new music is created in compressed mess format anyhow"

Popular music that is. Classical and jazz has never sounded better. There are so many labels doing great things with recording that it surprises me that all I read about is the dismal state of recorded music. Listen to anything done recently by Criss Cross, Hyperion, Naxos, Chandos, ECM, BIS and on and on. Great stuff out there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us