I did It too!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2374
I know this should be posted in the Home Theater section, but I could care less about hanging or talking over there.

Anyway...today...I bought my 1080p Projector and 106 inch screen. I got a Sony projo and DaLite screen. Its absolutely amazing. Pictures to come. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3200
I thought you were going to say you ordered a Mac system like Dave did.

Congrats on the projector.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 667
WOW Nick, way to go! Are you having a movie night this summer?

What model of the Sony did you get? Is your screen on a frame or is a drop screen?

Let's see da pics!

Did you get it from your regular dealer?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1792
Good luck getting a 1080p picture up on this site...

Congrats too BTW

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9053
Congrats Mr Nick...pics had better be to come!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2375
I got the Sony VPLHW10 with the DaLite High Matte White B 106 inch screen. The model I have came in either a manual pull down or a motorized screen and I went for the pull down as it saved me a lot of money, gives the same picture quality and can still go up so my cats don't jump up on it. Got it all setup now, and must say that the picture is INSANE. Detail, blacks, color, all much better than my 50 inch tv was but on a huge scale. Not to mention my front speakers have spread apart about 4 feet further now which is much better. The audio rack is now located right in the middle of my two rear speakers. I am loving it. The wife is loving it. The rec room just became my favorite room in the house again. Not sure the two channel system will get a lot of work for a few weeks.lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2376
Oh and I got it all from my regular dealer. For an amazing price. I love my dealer.lol.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9062
Right on Nick...my wife would be in heaven in a rec room like that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2377
lol Im glad my wife loves it. Or I might had been sleeping in the rec room(kidding). I just want to watch movies and play 360 all day long now.lol. Is that such a crime? I feel bad because the two channel system is getting no work of late.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11668
Husband of the year award.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9064
No Nuck...wife of the year!

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
Glad you digging it. Sounds like tons of fun for the family. I'd be parking my 2-ch system for a little while as well.

Enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2051
Very nice, Nick. Congrats and enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2200
Congrats Nick! Can't wait to see photos.

What did you do with the old TV?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2378
Thanks everyone.

David- Sold the old tv and stand to my neighbor.lol. Sparked the upgrade. Or gave me the excuse to do it sooner. I will be tight on funds for a few weeks, but hey, its just money.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2203
No worries Nick. I was actually more curious about the going rate for one. It was a rear-projection right? I was thinking of selling mine sometime soon too.

As for being tight on funds, I know about that. Still trying to scrape together my last few bucks to finance the McIntosh.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2379
lol I hear ya David.

It was a 50 inch Read Projection LCD. Not the full rear projection. I sold it for 600 with the stand. I could of probably got 700 for it but didn't care much. I am so glad I did.

I can't wait for you to get this McIntosh amp. Its going to be crazy good. If you dont mind me asking what prices are they new here in Canada David?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2209
The MA-6300 goes for about 4k here new. I got a bit of discount from my dealer for being a loyal customer :-)

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9069
I sold my rear projection LCD set last year before black friday. I was betting that tons of flats would be sold that weekend and everybody would have their LCD RPTV's for sale...I was right and I got $800 US out of it...good timing.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2210
I gotta get rid of mine. Takes up about a 1/4 of my rec room.

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
David, I wouldn't be surprised if getting rid of your T.V. will have a positive effect on your room acoustics. Just don't know how much you'll get with affordable flat panels flooding the market, not to mention projectors...Nick, you kill me.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2211
That's what I figured too George. I suspect the rear projection is one large, resonating hunk of electronics. Definitely not good for room acoustics.

Sonically it's a very dampened room. Big, plush couch, small dimensions and carpeted, with lots of kid's toys lying around to keep it interesting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2383
Sell for anything you can get David, before its too late. I say 350. It might seem super cheap but its still money in your pocket bud.

I just sold two 400 disc DVD changers today. Sony ones. They retailed for 400 2 years ago and I let them both go for 80 bucks.lol. They arn't worth jack now, and nobody wanted them. I had to practically give them away. Everyone wants blu ray.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2216
yeah, I should ditch it soon. My son really likes playing his xBox on the 51" screen, though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
Move it to your son's room...if no floorspace...how about bolting hit with hex anchor bolts to the ceiling..LOL. Your son will be the envy of all his friends.

No, really, sell it before something craps out on it and then you'll have to pay someone to get it out of your place. Try the local paper or even CAM.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2219
It's a matter of funds right now George. After buying the Mc my disposable income is tapped.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1797
David, David, David

No you disposable income is not tapped.

It is being invested in the safest growth commodity you could possibly find or imagine.

Spin doctor...

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
Who am I to push you David, I'm a pack-rat myself and slow to move on any purchase. If that big'ol TV is serving it's purpose for now, then keep your focus on paying down the new "investment". The flat panels will only get cheaper and offset anything more you would get for your current TV now as opposed to later.

My suggestion, you don't need any distractions from the Mc. I'd lay off on any more purchases and just enjoy the glory of that new powerhouse.

Oh, bye-the-way, getting the Mc is a momentus occassion. I mentioned taking a video of the first beats of those meters, you also need to crack a champagne bottle and dub that amp with a name. What ya gonna name her? I assume its a her.

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 270
Congrats Nick. Can't wait to see some pics.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2222
Ha ha. You're absolutely right MW! With all my other investments shrinking, I finally invested in something that may actually appreciate.

I'm not much of a champange drinker George, but I may crack a bottle of bourbon.

It's definitely a her.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us