Speakers for Cyrus 8

Username: Yasirk

Post Number: 1
Hello there,i'm looking for advice on speakers to pair with my Cyrus 8Power/CD8+PSRX/PreVs2. Options include:

1) Dynaudio Excite 32: I auditioned these today and they sounded very flat and had almost no bass. These were auditioned with a Krell system

2) Dynaudio Focus 220: Liked these much ebtter but again with the Krell system

3) Sonus Faber Grand Piano/

4) ProAc Studio 140: currently the strongest contender

Does anyone out there have first hand experience of these speakers with Cyrus and what would you recommend?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11602
Yasir, I could not coax any life out of the Focus 220 no matter what, for what thats worth.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3560
Yasir,

Nice balanced system.

It might help to know where you're based since there are so many brands that we could be suggesting anything, all of which is not available in your area. Also, what size room and firing which way (length or width). Me personally I'd recommend trying the following, in no particular order, depending on budget and assuming an average to above-average sized room:

Totem Sttaf, Rainmaker or Hawk
Spendor SA1 or their new A-series range
PMC GB1i or FB1i
Wilson benesch Arc
Monitor Audio GS20, GS60 or PL100

Just some food for thought.

Incidentally, a lot of these speakers (including the ones you were looking at) are beyond the scope of your system in some ways, so you need to do some careful matching, as well as consider the benefit of a lower end speaker with an extra PSX-R instead.

Username: Yasirk

Post Number: 2
Hi Frank, thanks for the reply. I'm based in Dubai, UAE. We don't have resellers for any of these brands you mention. I'm being pushed to consider ProAc's by the dealer, they did sound good with the system but they dont look like much...which is somewhat important to me.

Other options include Martin Logan's, KEF or B&W which do have local dealerships.

As my next upgrade in a few months, i'm thinking of adding a Slim Devices Transporter and perhaps uprade to Cyrus monoblocks or go for a different power amplifier, i'm happy with the 8x+PSX-R sound--not sure what effect changing the prevs2 will have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us