NOOB to speakers receivers etc. please help! Attempting home theater

Username: Tmrc66

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

I'm VERY new to the whole home theater thing and am looking for some advice. A friend of mine told me about this website today and from what I've gathered...bose is terrible and that's about it. If I was looking to spend $1000 what would you recommend? I'm looking for a pair of tower speakers (guess that's what they're called) and a decent receiver I imagine. I'm completely open to ideas. Preferably something I can get at a Circuit City/Best Buy... especially since everythings 1/2 off at CC.

Thanks!

Username: Tmrc66

Post Number: 2
whats the opinion on Boston acoustic? Found these decent reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001GIOSUI

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2093
What else do they sell at CC?

Bronze Member
Username: Chriswild87

Holden, MA

Post Number: 14
I use to work at Circuit City, I quit 3 days before the big to do. Any way, to answer your questions, they sell alot of lower end things. IMO after hours apon hours of playing with the equipment one of the best set up's i could find was the Onkyo 706 with Polk TSI 300 for the front and the tsi 100 for the surrounds with the matching center. I found this to be a detailed warm system, good for acoustic guitar light rock that kind of thing. The subs they have their are junky. i didn't like the polk subs, the best one was the actually the little 8 inch guy from polk, quick bass The Boston horizon sub wasn't bad but it was huge and pretty ugly, I don't know if you care about ascetics, thats what I liked their, but other then that i would stay away from the element, klipsch,

you could also if you wanted to put a denon with the system like the 789, it would lighten up the sound a little too
this was also good with the polks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us