Vandersteen 2ce

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 568
Anyone got the scoop on these Vandersteen 2ce. The guy I recently me had them running with a Jolida tube amp and was very satsfied. I thought their construction was need with the sock...kind Gallo like.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8631
What scoop? They're a great speaker... not sure what you are asking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
I've seen them sell up here for as low as $500/pr, which caught my interest but I haven't heard them.

Can I get some description of their sound? Are they neutral or do they lean one way or another? Are they clinical?Are they difficult to drive? What do they run on best? How about room size etc.? Anyone own them and what did they like about them?
I know I can find info. on the web but thought I would fish for some more personal thoughts? Art, can you get the ball rolling?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1720
From what I heard they are neutral. Not like Gallo's until you get to the Vandy 4s. Good speakers for the price, they have been around a while.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8633
They sound neutral and natural. I once did an audition with them vs Maggie 1.6's the day after a live concert and I used music by the artist I had seen the night before and the Vandy's sounded like the artist, I recognized her voice...very true to the music.

Silver Member

Post Number: 570
Good info Art. For the prices that sometimes come up, I'll look to audition them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us