Gotta Sell a Speaker...Which One?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8608
OK just for poops and giggles just taking an informal poll from the fella's.

I have 3 pair of speakers and I may sell one of them. The ones that are kept will likely share time with the others in my 10x9 home office with my Creek 4330 and Rotel RCD 971. Here are the principles...

1) Totem Rainmaker
2) Epos ELS 3
3) Paradigm Atom Monitor v6

Which should stay and which should go?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11406
Release the Totems Art. The epos and Atom match your listening better, I think.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2274
Which of three can you get more money for? Totems. Which one of the three do you like best though? Totems?lol. I would have to think that the Totems are the superior speaker on paper but like Nuck states perhaps your listening tastes prefer the Atoms and Epos. Basing it on posts on this forum alone it seems that you use the Totems by far the least out of the three. You can probably get some decent coin back on the totems which could buy a hell of a lot of Blu Ray movies. LOL!! Cheers Art!

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 469
I know which one I'd drop (the Atom's), but as you of course know Art, it's all about synergy with the equipment they're hooked up to, and your listening preferences.

If a burgler walked into your home, pointed a gun at you and said "give me a pair of speakers or I'll kick your Rega" which one would you give him ?

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 49
Art , when are you selling your Rainmaker :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11410
What a strange way to put it, Chris.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 546
Art, personally I'd dump the Atoms but that's just me. I've gotta love for the Totem's and the Epos have a great reputation. However, for the money you might get for the Atom's isn't it worth keeping them. I was considering grabbing a pair for my dinning room...I'm sure I could get them off the guy selling on Canuck for around $200 cash and carry. Is that kinda money worth getting rid of them for, not sure.

Silver Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 154
I think I would lean towards dumping the Atoms.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8614
I had a listen to all three of them in the room they will be in and with the equipment they will be matched with and the Epos were by far the best in that circumstance. Obviously the Rainamkers are the best speaker...and the Atom's came in dead last...but still quite nice. The Atoms were better in the office than the Rainmakers. I'll likely let go of the Rainmakers as I can get more dough for them and I can have fun trading the Epos and Atoms out in the office...tenative plan ofcourse...Here's your chance Mark!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1990
As much as I love my Atoms, I would get rid of these before the other two (I'll never git rid of mine, though - they were a gift from my wife).

I'm a huge Totem fan (as you know), so I would definitely hang onto the Rainmakers. Haven't heard Epos before, but always been curious about them.

The Atoms are cheap enough that you could always pick up another pair down the road easily if you find yourself missing them.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3483
Whichever you like best, keep. The rest, sell.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8636
Excellent Frank...lol!. I earned that..

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3488
Well, it's the truth as I see it. No point in keeping the ones you're less enamoured of since you're going to lose significant cash on your original outlay with all of them - so keep the ones you like the most, unless you really need the cash that your favourites would bring in!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us