Anthem / Paradigm Combo?

Username: Halfempty

Canada

Post Number: 10
A friend of mine was asking me what I thought about an Anthem Integrated amp / Paradigm Studio 60 combo. He heard the combo and thought it was amazing.

I've never heard Anthem myself, and I've heard Paradigm Studio 40's (they were pretty impressive) but that's it. I believe Anthem and Paradigm are owned by the same company.

Anybody with Anthem and / or Studio 60 experience?

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8095
They are a good match if you like that sound...I do. What is it you are really asking?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 11
A couple of things I guess:

1. Is Anthem a good, reliable brand? I'd also be curious to know if it's detailed like a Bryston or Arcam, or fuller sounding like a Rega.

2. Are the Paradigm Studio 60s a good speaker for the price, or is he better off looking into something else in that price range? Except for the Signatures, I always thought Paradigms were more mass market and a speaker like that would be "outclassed" by an amp that is considered more upscale, like the Anthem.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3090
I'm a huge fan of the Studio 60s. They're a bit expensive, need a stable power supply (able to deal with low impedences), and need plenty of breathing room. When they have the right conditions, they're fantastic. When they don't, they're not very good. Not that they're overly difficult to live with though.

Anthem makes some very good stuff. Well built and reliable for the long haul. Its not disposable gear. I haven't heard their gear in a while and am not really comfortable in describing it sonically. I am pretty confident in saying that Anthem gear in general will pair up very well with Paradigm speakers. So long as the Anthem integrated has enough power to drive the Studio 60s, I'd be willing to be that the combo will sound very good. I'm a huge fan of the Rotel seperates and Studio 60 combo (stryvn is probably listening to it as I'm writing this). Anthem would take it to another level.

I doubt the Anthem would outclass the Studio 60s. I think they'll get the most out of each other. That's assuming its the integrated I'm thinking of (don't know the model number) and not some new ultra-high end one I don't know about.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8096
Well said Stu...nothing to add.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 12
Thanks Stu.

Sounds like I'm going to have to listen to those Studio 60s myself and compare them to my Arros ;)

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2087
Stu said it all.

I might add that the Anthem Statement series is as good as anything on the market IMO. Expensive as hell, but built like a tank, and sounds warm,robust,detailed and provides any speaker with GOBS of power.

The Paradigm Studio 60's are my favorite speaker in the Studio series for the money. Fantastic speaker...almost bought a pair, still might for an audition one day.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 13
I just checked with my friend and he said he thought it was an Anthem Integrated 225 he was listening to. It definitely was from the "Integrated" line

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3091
The Arros and Studio 60s are completely different speakers. The Arros have a leaner, tighter, and quicker presentation. They don't have the bass presence, dynamic headroom, nor shear SPL level that the Studio 60s have.

The Studio 60s will go louder, have deeper bass, and have a smooth full bodied presentation. They don't image and soundstage the way the Arros do, and are a bit colored compared to the Arro.

The Studio 60 is less revealing than the Arro. You could probably get away with inferior sounding components better with the Studio 60s than with the Arros, but both truly need a strong and stable power supply. Neither speaker is easy to drive.

Its all a trade off. It depends on taste. But in a larger room and/or where higher SPLs are needed, the Studio 60s may be a better bet due to the Arro's shortcomings in this area. The Arros are also about half the price of the Studio 60s.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2089
HE- It would be the 225. Anthems Integrated. Its a big boy, pushing 225watts per speaker at 8ohms.

http://www.anthemav.com/NewSitev2.0/AnthemProduct/Integrated225/I225Home.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us