Nad vs adcom

Anonymous

just would like to know the quality differences to go with my bose 901 thankyou

Anonymous

is this a difficult question?

Unregistered guest
Replace the 901's

Anonymous

which one is a better chioce of amp the adcom or the Nad.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 165
AdCom no doubt

Anonymous

thankyou

Anonymous

how come people here dont really talk about AdCom and only talk about NAD. the prices of adcom are not bad when compaired to NAD. also the adcom supplies more watts than NAD.

Anonymous

True - This site has a cult-like following for NAD. From what I understand, it's the best way to go for individuals who cannot afford seperate components at this time.

Bronze Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 95
Nad just gives a good sound and good value. Lots of better stuff out there....but lots of worse too (that costs more)

swampcat
Unregistered guest
GO ADCOM !!! good stuff , not exspensive. My Adcom 555 and 545 are 20 years and going strong. I read in Stereophile new adcom amps are better?

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 203
Don't just read, go and try to listen to them
Enjoy

swampcat
Unregistered guest
you are correct, I only know the old adcom and was very reliable and quite good in 1985 and still works well in 2004. I dont see nad anywhere in phila area . Very popular on web site forums though. I'll keep looking though , not to buy ,but just to listen, thats for sure ,just to see what the love for this equiptment is all about? No reason to replace adcoms thats for sure not to much difference in solid state amps in this price range anyway ,truly superior amps cost much more .

Bronze Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 98
I think there's a lot of difference between say the Nad C320BEE, the Rotel RA01/02 and the Cambridge Audio Azur range. All three sound very different....and they're budget amps.

anonymous joe
Unregistered guest
greetings swampcat, you can listen to NAD at SURROUND SOUNDS in Exton, not too far from philly, 610/524-6900. BTW, I think nad is a very good integrated, a lot of punch and musicality for the money and more bass than small Rotel integrated...also the CD players and receivers are strong values....separates are a different story, IMO Rotel B&K and possibly Adcom are better than NAD.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 102
Yes, I concur. Nothing beats the Nad C320BEE at the price in my opinion and all the Nad integrated amps are good value and have a good sound. Once you start looking to separates then you're walking into a whole new field.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us