Polk Audio LSI9 and Yamaha rx797

Username: Ctrulock

Post Number: 8
The rx 797 is Yamaha's top 2 channel 100 wpc rms @8 ohms receiver. With that being said the wife and kids went out of town so I wanted to see how loud I could drive. Just for sh@ts and giggles. Well, with no distortion that I could hear 95 db 11:30 on volume knob. The loudest I could go was 105 db and that was close to 2 am on volume knob with distortion noticable. Receiver's transformer got really hot but seemed stable at 95 db which was very loud in my 15x12 room. Oh well just thought someone might find this interesting. I bet if I can ever afford an amp that can do 500 wpc into 4 ohms I could make myself deaf good thing I so poor.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12782

"I bet if I can ever afford an amp that can do 500 wpc into 4 ohms I could make myself deaf good thing I so poor."

Psssssst, it ain't the watts that matter.

Post Number: 10
True that "Psssssst, it ain't the watts that matter." I usually listen at reasonable volume like below 70 db. Critacal listining=win

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7215
With what little information you gave us Charles why did you think anyone would find your post anthing but ridiculous...just curious.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10477
The Classe ca300 amp is 600wpc into 4 ohms.

The first 1 watt is good.

The next 13 or so usually do fine for an average room.

When it gets drunk in here the rest just damage things, like what is left of my hearing.

Where was this headed?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12789

"I usually listen at reasonable volume like below 70 db.

You mean like 70dB as measured on a good meter or "70" on the volume control?

"Critacal listining=win"

What's that mean? (Other than spelling and punctuation are not your strong suits.)

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12790

"With what little information you gave us Charles why did you think anyone would find your post anthing but ridiculous...just curious."

If you found the information ridiculous, Art, just move on, no need to say anything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey Art, F-off! Just wanted to see how loud it would go. Radio Shack SLM (digital). Sorry if my post bothered your delicate state. WTF man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Why are you-Art always flaming? This is as bad as WoW forums.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1183
no, it is called those of us that have been here find your post ridiculous and lacking any point. that is all...

I was ignoring it until now. You sir, have successfully trolled me.

time to get a life, don't you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 86
I couldn't understand what you tried to post here other than you turned the volume all the way up when you family out...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7233
Good thing I was on vacation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us