Roksan Kandy L3 Vs Cyrus 8 amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 31
Hello ,

I have a choice of these two amplifiers but dont know which one to choose. I am also thinking of a bookshelf which will suit either of the amplifier. My source at present is Cyrus CD6s . Kindly help

regards

Mark David.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7142
I haven't listened to either (I've heard a Roksan but it's been awhile and I'm not sure what Cyrus I've heard). However if you are satisfied with your CD player it seems that synergy would be on the side of getting the Cyrus.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Thanks Art , I was concern about the power of Cyrus . The Cyrus 8 is 70 watts and Roksan is 120 watts . so i thought roksan can drive bigger spk.

david.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7193
The Cyrus should be able to drive any reasonable speaker to levels above which you should be listening without a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 154
I have a Cyrus 8vs2 Integrated, which I really like a lot.
From what I've heard concerning integrateds, the Cyrus will deliver more than the Kandy, despite the lower rated output. I bet the same will apply to power amps, so I'd say stick with Cyrus!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Thanks Art and Cornelius

Whats the best speakers for Cyrus 8 amplifier , i am mostly looking for a standmount, but i also have a choice of PROAC studio 125 ( second hand) , but will the Roksan or cyrus drive the studio 125?

regards

mark.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7248
ProAc's are generally easy to drive but seem to like tubes best.

We really don't know enough about your preferences to recommend a speaker. One of the reasons I recommended an amp is because you gave us a choice and some info as to your source.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Hi Art and others

I have purchased the Cyrus 8vs2 , i am planning for the speakers. speakers in line are Dali ikon 5, 6 and Pro ac studio 130 . At Present i have the quad22L and its been driven by the quad amplifier , and i dont want to disturb that setup.
So should i go for the pro ac or dali or is there any other speakers which is best suited for the Cyrus 8vs2.

thanks in advance.

mark

Bronze Member
Username: Dudywoxer

ScunthorpeUK

Post Number: 73
listen if possible, as the Cyrus has a ''brighter'' balance it may not gell with the Dali's as well as with the Prozac, sorry Pro Ac. If you can listen to Spendor give them a try as well, the blend in with Cyrus to produce a very ''all of a piece'' type sound, especially the 5SE or 6 with the 8.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8358
Still don't know about your preferences Mark.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3436
Mark,

In addition to the ones you're looking at, here are some more suspects to check out:

Dynaudio Excite 32 or FOCUS 110
Totem Dreamcatcher, Rainmaker, Arro or Sttaf
Monitor Audio (Silver Series?)
Audiovector M1
Audio Physic Yarra II
Amphion
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us