Aura Amplifier 'Noise'

Username: Wilm3

Post Number: 1
Dear all,i found there is noise came out from the tweeters of my aura amp when plugged in the outlet at living room but the noise gone when i plugged it in my reading room. what happen to the amp?? or the power socket outlet problem? i hv tested all three units of outlet in a row and all having the same problem..please help...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12731

Noise on one outlet could be the result of several conditions existing. The one outlet could be miswired and hot/neutral/ground are reversed in some way. Use a circuit tester to determine the correct orientation of the wires.

There could be another piece of equipment sharing the one outlet's circuit. If an appliance is shared with the problematic outlet, this would be the simplest explanation, even if the commonality exists only through the grounding of the two curcuits at the service panel. But large appliances are not the only culprit when it comes to electronic noise and you would want to look at the possibility of any modern electronic device as a posible cause. Unplug any device which might appear to be sharing the circuit with the bad outlet and try again.

There could be wires run incorrectly which would cause an induced noise in the cabling running to the one outlet. This would be one of the more difficult possibilities to trace since the wire is not always accessible for inspection.

In the end, if you wish to remove the noise and simple things such as unplugging other devices doesn't solve the problem, a qualified electrician would be required to inspect the house wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1339
Did the noise just suddenly appear or do you suspect it was always there?

Post Number: 2
i hv tried to remove all appliances but still the same...and the noise sometimes persists sometimes don.
if i used a longer extension cord then its gone. wonder y?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10378
A longer extension cord to where? The same outlet?
If the long cord rectifies the problem, then look at what you have replaced with it, be that the outlet, cable, etc.

Post Number: 3
longer extension will degrade the quality since my amp's power cord is considered big. actually the buzzing noise is not tat loud, it will be noticed once u put ur ears 1 to 2 feet frm the speakers when there's no music playing. will this buzzing noise harm the speakers???

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12748

No.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us