Adding insult to injury...

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 953
So some of you guys will remember the hassle I had with my Emotiva order a couple months back.

Brief history - I ordered the amp and after wondering where the heck it was after I hadn't received it, I called Emotiva (not helpful), and finally Fed-ex. Turns out Emotiva never arranged for brokerage into Canada (and neglected to tell me that). After being on the receiving end of some extremely poor customer service from one particular Emotiva employee, I finally told them I didn't want the amp anymore. So it was returned back to them from the Fed-ex depot here in Canada.

Keep in mind I never had the amp in my possession.

I got a bill today from Fed-ex for a 149.00 dollar broker fee.

Super.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1552
WTF man. That is horrible. David lets take a field trip from Canada to Emotiva's head office and set it on fire. Emotiva's crap looks cheap to me. It sounds like their customer service is just as bad. That and they use Fed-ex. Who in the phu-cking right mind use shitty Fed-Ex. They are horrible. Emotiva sucks.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 954
My sentiments exactly, my friend.

I sent a message to Emotiva's customer service today more or less asking the same question - WTF?

I'll be calling Fex-ed tomorrow telling them not to expect a cheque.

Failing that, let's head down to Franklin Tennessee. I'll drive.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 955
Let me reiterate.

Buyer beware - stay away from Emotiva.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 342
I think the emotiva guys are a bit wet behind the ears. How could they not have foreseen the issues of sending their gear to Canada? Poor planning on their part and you should not have to pay for that!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10278
FedEx is like a pitbull with a hambone when they want money, dude.
I think id is being kind with 'wet behind the ears'.
Good luck with that.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 262
Sorry to hear the troubles mate. Emotiva should totally pay the fee without hassle. I'm sure that when potential Emotiva buyers google Emotiva, they'll come accross this thread and will stay away.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1553
I buy stuff from the States all the time. It is easy. U.S. to Canada should not have been a problem. U.S. to Japan or Spain, then maybe. I have shipped lots of stuff to U.S.A via UPS and have also received lots. No problems at all. Emotiva just need to get their s#hit together. I doubt they will be a company for long anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6915
That would certainly sour my attitude toward Emotiva.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 984
I see what you mean about Fed-ex being a pitbull, Nuck. Within 5 days of getting my initial bill, I've already got a notice from them stating they were angry that I had not paid yet.

I've contacted Emotiva and sent them the bill.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 233
Any hopes that the 'customer service' will be any better with the Fed-Ex bill than with your order?

Did you hear that Fed-Ex and UPS are going to merge? The new company is Fed-Up.

Best of luck with this.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 985
Thanks Leo.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10310
Another week and the 'collection agency' notice will show up.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 986
Great... I should call Fed-ex Monday and explain what is going on. Not that they'll care.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1037
Here's an update.

I received an email from Emotiva notifying me that they contacted Fed-ex on my behalf and paid the bill.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3029
That's excellent news. At least, Emotiva have done the right thing which counts for a lot in my book.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1038
I agree, Frank. It would have been easy for them to just write me off as a disgruntled customer that will never buy anything from them anyway and ignore me.

Now if they could only do something about that insolent, unpleasant employee they have moderating their forum...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7043
Good deal David, one less thing to fret about.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10358
Ya came out OK, Dave.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 250
Congrats!

The happy ending nobody really expected.

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 195
Somebody did Leo.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 251
Sorry Neil.....I am a professional Cynic.
Anytime something like this DOESN'T spiral out of control, I am amazed. This time very pleasantly.

David had a terrific outcome and maybe we all learned something in the exchange.

A friend of mine took his car to be serviced at an independent shop. His instructions were to do the routine service and anything proactive to make it last a long time....he had no intentions of selling it and wanted it to lsst.
Half way to Bakersfield the Drain plug came out and the engine toasted. It was turbo'd so the loss of engine oil just near-doubled in cost. Lawsuit / Bureau of Automotive repairs / ugly stuff for over a year. Started with a .15$ washer and a moron with a wrench.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us