Interconnect length affecting performance

Bronze Member
Username: Fredrico_alvarez

Post Number: 12
I read somewhere that interconnect length can affect performance. Not as in signal loss over long runs like across your house, but as in a .5m cable sounding worse than 2m cable (2m was the supposed optimal length). I kind of laughed to myself and went on, but then I wondered if there actually was a difference. The next time I was at a hi fi store I decided to test the claim. The system consisted of high end classe delta electronics and B&W 800Ds, the best he had. I A/Bed the two interconnects of the same line of the same company, but one was .5 m and the other was 2m. At first I heard no difference. Then I noticed a very slight difference similar to more headroom on an amp. Has anyone else tried this same experiment and found different (or the same) results?

PS I know this probably isnt the right part of the forum but there wasnt one called interconnects and cables and this one looked like the one to put homeless stuff.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10102
AR, if both cables are the same brand and model, I doubt you would notice a difference***
However, if they are 2 different types/models, then sure, there could be a world of difference!

*** If the same model is matched to the capacitance of a componant to create a more specific circuit(Naim), then there may be a diference yet.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10104
AR, if both cables are the same brand and model, I doubt you would notice a difference***
However, if they are 2 different types/models, then sure, there could be a world of difference!

*** If the same model is matched to the capacitance of a componant to create a more specific circuit(Naim), then there may be a diference yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Fredrico_alvarez

Post Number: 13
The cables were the exact same cable, same model, manufacturer and everthing, except for length. The difference was so slight it could have been mental though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us