HELP!! Yamaha HTR-5760 stopped producing sound

Username: Fishingdeer

Terre Haute, IN

Post Number: 1
My Yamaha was working fine one day and then was shut off for the night and the next day produced no sound to the speakers. There is a powered subwoofer that still produces sound. I checked the protection history and there has been no history of the protection circuit being tripped. I also reset to factory settings and unplugged it for a few days with no luck. I am assuming it is a problem with the amp since the powered sub still works but I don't know what the problem is please help!!!????

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 190
Unless it is something YOU can fix, like a fuse, you should find a pro to have a look.
Other possibilities include speaker wire short (but it worked yesterday + no protection!), rat gnawed wires, or perhaps even a power surge of which you are unaware. Any recent lightning storm?

other than that, I draw a blank.

Username: Fishingdeer

Terre Haute, IN

Post Number: 2
There are always possibilities of power surges where I live so I have all of my equipment on surge protectors and none of them were tripped so is there a possibility it was a surge large enough to do something to just the amp in the receiver but not large enough to blow the main power fuses or trip and surge protectors. Also rat gnawed wires isn't a possibility although I have check ALL the wires for any damage regardless. any other ideas.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10120
Ben, could the factory settings NOT be the way that you had it set up.
I have seen factory defaults not even close to what regular folks would need, just the factory test defaults.

Read the whole thing again..I bet it can work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us